Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order Trailer

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order Trailer

Post by tezunegari »

The cutscenes lookt good and the few scenes of in-game scenes as well.

I really want this to be good, but it's EA...
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order Trailer

Post by Lord Revan »

I guess it's coming never as there's only 12 months in the year and it's on the 15th month ;) (yes I know american dates) and yes it does look good, but even good looking games can play like sh*t.

EDIT:IIRC EA games have been pretty good after you stripped stupid lootbox issues they had.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

Oh, it's a game? I wasn't sure from the clips/trailers I've noticed on YouTube recently. Maybe I should have actually watched them... :roll:

</slight snark>
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Trust no one.

(But you can totally trust EA this time! They swear!)
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

I've been seeing a lot of the same reaction to EA's announcement that they weren't putting microtransactions and loot boxes in Fallen Order. The reaction is best summed up by Starlord in the original Guardians of the Galaxy.

"Like it's some great thing, 'not eating me'. Normal people don't even think about eating someone else, much less, that person having to be grateful for it."
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Looks like the PC faces down an Inquisitor or two. Interesting.

But yes, fuck EA. It looks pretty, but... proof's in the pudding.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Like most AAA games, it'll probably be only really worth playing once they patched it all up and released all the DLCs. EA deserves that policy in the double.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

I will believe it when it actually launches and I can actually get info about what it is actually in the game.

I would not trust anything with an EA logo until it is verified beyond reproach. Their past behaviour has made it abundantly clear they enshrine the worst aspects and are unrepentant about this behaviour.

I fully expect this game to be launching half-empty / finished and filled with their branded attempts at trying to gouge customers for as much money as they can.
The only question is how finished the game is and how bad their micro-transactions are going to be.

It is an ongoing source of sadness that EA keeps devouring good franchises and wrecking them into the ground along with the developers.

As for the game - This just comes across as another Starkiller / Force Unleashed game.
So we get a character that is going to achieve lots of shit or be sidelined somehow into obscurity because his very existence contradicts the movies they set this before.

It is beyond incredible that a setting like Star Wars can be continually wrecked and under utilised because EA barely produce any Star Wars games and when the do... their own tactics sink them.
Is there no developers willing to push out a new space sim or follow through on more Jedi Knight saga games ?
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Lets be fair here. EA haven't had much time to get their hooks into Respawn yet. If they can keep the scale of the story to a few star systems, they can keep the events small enough to not contradict the movies. Especially if the PC dies.

EA has promised that there will be no dlc. The response I've seen has been split by people who don't believe EA, and those that believe EA is telling the truth but hiding some other catch.

I'm going to stick to my rule of not buying before a 75% off (or better) sale. But that rule has nothing to do with EA.
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

PREDATOR490 wrote: 2019-04-25 09:01amIs there no developers willing to push out a new space sim or follow through on more Jedi Knight saga games ?
Considering that no one but EA can make Star Wars games until at least 2023, your question is moot.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

houser2112 wrote: 2019-04-25 10:10am
PREDATOR490 wrote: 2019-04-25 09:01amIs there no developers willing to push out a new space sim or follow through on more Jedi Knight saga games ?
Considering that no one but EA can make Star Wars games until at least 2023, your question is moot.
As for Jedi Knight specifically, that's a whole other mess in its own right. I don't know much about it, but if Fenix ever comes through here he can probably say something about it, he was a big JK player back in the day.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.