Recomendations on learning OOP in Python 3?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Recomendations on learning OOP in Python 3?

Post by SolarpunkFan » 2019-01-18 02:55pm

So it's been weeks of studying and trying to use classes and objects in Python 3 and I still can't figure them out. I honestly think I need a more in-depth learning resource because, while I know some very basic concepts, my understanding is otherwise complete shite.

I will be trying this in the near future, but I would like to know if there are any other resources anyone here could recommend.

Caveat: I can't learn from watching videos.
"So like, a black hole is like, this giant bunghole in outer space. It's like, it sucks up the whole universe, and then it's like, it grinds it up and sends it all to Hell or something." - Butt Head

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Recomendations on learning OOP in Python 3?

Post by madd0ct0r » 2019-01-18 05:02pm

Oop was a headfuck for me. Had to sketch it out as a cartoon of robots capable of driving around the favtory and modifying other robots (compared to the normal conveyor belt)

Automate the boring stuff is good as a free resource that ties into immediately useful projects to hang concepts on.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Re: Recomendations on learning OOP in Python 3?

Post by SolarpunkFan » 2019-01-18 08:05pm

madd0ct0r wrote:
2019-01-18 05:02pm
Automate the boring stuff is good as a free resource that ties into immediately useful projects to hang concepts on.
I'll take a look at it then. Thanks!
"So like, a black hole is like, this giant bunghole in outer space. It's like, it sucks up the whole universe, and then it's like, it grinds it up and sends it all to Hell or something." - Butt Head