Pathfinder: Kingmaker by Owlcat Games

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker by Owlcat Games

Post by Rogue 9 »

PREDATOR490 wrote: 2018-10-19 03:39pmTrying to play the kingdom management game can be extremely save scummy / stupid because you dont want to be stuck waiting 14 days for a project to finish because some random "events" can pop up AND expire within that time period. Not to mention that if you get really unlucky, you can be left with events popping up that need to be completed but you have no time to really do it.
You've probably noticed that events expire on the first day of the month after they pop up. So simply never start a 14 day project in the back half of the month. You'll be fine.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2018-10-19 10:22pm
PREDATOR490 wrote: 2018-10-19 03:39pmTrying to play the kingdom management game can be extremely save scummy / stupid because you dont want to be stuck waiting 14 days for a project to finish because some random "events" can pop up AND expire within that time period. Not to mention that if you get really unlucky, you can be left with events popping up that need to be completed but you have no time to really do it.
You've probably noticed that events expire on the first day of the month after they pop up. So simply never start a 14 day project in the back half of the month. You'll be fine.
That seems like something that should be patched/modded out. It doesn't make sense to offer missions that aren't completable and makes even less sense that active missions fail as the month changes.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Active missions don't fail as the month changes. You have to start them by the end of the month, not finish them. Otherwise the missions that take 45 days would always fail. What I meant by 14 day project was the projects, not the events, that occupy you for 14 days (mainly ranking up kingdom stats) and automatically fast forward through those days. Fast forward through the first two weeks of the month, not the end of the month. That's it.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2018-10-20 03:07am Active missions don't fail as the month changes. You have to start them by the end of the month, not finish them. Otherwise the missions that take 45 days would always fail. What I meant by 14 day project was the projects, not the events, that occupy you for 14 days (mainly ranking up kingdom stats) and automatically fast forward through those days. Fast forward through the first two weeks of the month, not the end of the month. That's it.
Ah, my bad. I've only played a very little bit of the game thus far so I wasn't 100% sure what you were talking about.