Any good games similar to space station 13?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

FancyDarcy
Youngling

Any good games similar to space station 13?

Post by FancyDarcy »

So a few years so I discovered SS13, an online roleplaying turn based strategy action packed tile Minecraft like MMO similar to popular titles such as trouble in terrorist town or cataclysm DDA or dungeon masterd. There are a wonderful variety of servers which other different experiences from erotic furry roleplay to blasting xenomorphs in the face with pulse rifles. Some of the servers are similar in gameplay to a delicious blend of dwarf fortress and Minecraft and trouble in terrorist town to deceit or the ship which makes a very fun and exciting video game.

There are plenty of videos on video game on YouTube, you don't need a expensive computer and it's surprisingly fun to play.

I love how seriously people take the roleplaying whilst not too seriously and the freedom the antagonists are allowed in some of the servers.

Unlike in trouble in terrorist town, you are not limited to simply murdering everyone, there are plenty of tricks you can play with there are many different antagonists you can have a chance to play as, since SS13 is made of materials from different sci fi like RIG suits from dead space, zombies, laser guns, USSR memes, wizards, vampires, monsters from The Thing, robots, suits of armor from fallout and all sorts, making every round different from the last. What games are similar, if any? I'd say it takes place at the of the greatest multiplayer online roleplaying MMO shooter action adventure tile based strategy games ever created.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Re: Any good games similar to space station 13?

Post by Zaune »

Other than some of the really weird bits of Second Life, I think you're going to struggle to find anything remotely comparable to that anywhere else.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I recall that there is at least one project that aimed to base itself off SS13 but with an engine that did not suck.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

This appears to be both somewhat niche, and fairly unique. In other words, you aren't going to find many games similar to it.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.