Humble Bundle giving away Space Marine for free

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Humble Bundle giving away Space Marine for free

Post by Rogue 9 »

It just came across my Facebook feed that the Space Marine third person action game is free for about the next 36 hours. Thought some of you might like to know. :)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Re: Humble Bundle giving away Space Marine for free

Post by Elheru Aran »

Yeah, I grabbed it. It's a pretty decent hack and slash shooter, though I still hate third-person games with a passion. I should just turn down the horizontal sensitivity on my mouse so Titus isn't doing pirouettes in the middle of battle. That, and I need to re-map a few controls because it's assuming I have a 5-button mouse. Meh. It's still a game I've always wanted to play, but could never get around to justifying buying. And it actually runs on my computer!
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

yoink
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

I played the demo and found the FOV too low for me. Still, it's free now, so I've grabbed it. Worst case, if there isn't some way to adjust the FOV, I'll just not play it.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

The game is pretty fun, with your steps audibly stomping while you run and gore aplenty.

My only mayor gripe is that the melee combat is not developed enough. You can't defend or counter enemy attacks, you can just keep hacking away and hope that you've done enough damage to stagger or kill enemies. I am playing on Hard and actually avoid melee whenever possible because it is guranteed to dip away my health and only use executions if it's safe, because you can be harmed while doing them.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Co-op would really have made this game go from a short burst time waster to a must-have. Not sure how they managed to screw up by not adding that.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Thanks for the heads-up. I grabbed the game and have had a blast with it so far :) It's my first foray into the WH40K universe and so far I like it.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Still having issues melee'ing in the right direction. Practice will help, but in general this is why I detest third-person games. The PC is on a fucking swivel.

Also, I loathe bomb-squigs with a passion.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Jub wrote: 2018-09-03 12:20pm Co-op would really have made this game go from a short burst time waster to a must-have. Not sure how they managed to screw up by not adding that.
There is co-op actually, as a DLC. You play Chaos Astertes. If you're interested, I'm willing to try it out with you (or anyone else that can PM me).
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.