Microsoft Managed Desktop: Operating System As A Service, Anyone?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Re: Microsoft Managed Desktop: Operating System As A Service, Anyone?

Post by Gandalf »

Broomstick wrote: 2018-08-15 06:47pmYeah, so fucking sue me because I don't have 100% perfect recollection of shit from twenty fucking years ago. Or more. No malice but hey, throw the word "lying" around you sad sack of shit. I didn't deserve that accusation, fuckface.
Given your condescension throughout the thread, I'm not fussed. Live by detailed anecdotes, die by them as well.
SolarpunkFan wrote: 2018-08-15 07:36pm A Hackintosh? :P

In seriousness I have to echo Ace Pace here, there's really nothing out there that's on par with Windows/MacOS/Android triumvir insofar as games/software availability go, and I say that as a happy user of Antergos.
Indeed. I've been running Ubuntu for a while because of its sheer convenience and cost. On the downside, no more fancy games for me. The upside being that it runs well on my beat up old laptop, I won't have to upgrade it for a while, and I'll save on PC games. Economic determinism at play!
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Re: Microsoft Managed Desktop: Operating System As A Service, Anyone?

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Gandalf wrote: 2018-08-17 12:06pm Indeed. I've been running Ubuntu for a while because of its sheer convenience and cost. On the downside, no more fancy games for me. The upside being that it runs well on my beat up old laptop, I won't have to upgrade it for a while, and I'll save on PC games. Economic determinism at play!
Although Winepak looks like it might be promising. It's still new and doesn't have very many packages though. :(
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.