Well, they finally gave me a reason to play Germany in HOI4....

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Well, they finally gave me a reason to play Germany in HOI4....

Post by Steve »

The pic says it all. :-)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Re: Well, they finally gave me a reason to play Germany in HOI4....

Post by Gandalf »

Too bad the rest of the game is terrible. :P
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
GrosseAdmiralFox
Padawan Learner

Post by GrosseAdmiralFox »

Gandalf wrote: 2018-06-14 05:13pm Too bad the rest of the game is terrible. :P
No, it's the standard 'needs a dozen updates and a few expansions to be viable' thing that Paradox has for it's games. Look at Stellaris for example, you wouldn't even THINK it was the game that came out if you saw it today.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

GrosseAdmiralFox wrote: 2019-01-20 02:36pm
Gandalf wrote: 2018-06-14 05:13pm Too bad the rest of the game is terrible. :P
No, it's the standard 'needs a dozen updates and a few expansions to be viable' thing that Paradox has for it's games. Look at Stellaris for example, you wouldn't even THINK it was the game that came out if you saw it today.
The horribleness of the game is on a design level. The game seemingly can't decide if it wants to be a simulator, or just some WW2 arcade thing. It aims for both and misses. The USSR can be boiled down to "Build lots of troops/Assign to Tukhachevsky/Point at Berlin." Unless of course the front management forgets that Bulgaria was in the Axis too and ignores them, or they all get encircled, or they drive all of the tanks through mountains while leaving the mountain troops in the plains. Thankfully ongoing supplies weren't a thing, which I can only assume was done so halfwit wehraboos could play as Germany, build all of the tanks, and never have to worry about putting petrol in them.

I think the easy expansion model made possible through Steam has just made Paradox really fucking lazy. Why bother ever buying a game that needs x expansions to even be playable? It's like having a car with engine and wheels sold separately.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin