Battlefield V Reveal Trailer

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: Battlefield V Reveal Trailer

Post by Vendetta »

Zaune wrote: 2018-05-25 04:14am
Gandalf wrote: 2018-05-25 02:28amWait, when did realism become a selling point of these games? Are people using them for educational purposes?

Though a level for people playing as Germany where they have to navigate the Nuremberg trials would be something. "Press X to declare 'Just following orders.'"
Well, if you're marketing a work of fiction as being based on actual historical events then generally speaking, there's only so many creative liberties you can take before people start to get annoyed.
Yes.

You can do anything you like as long as you don't put icky gurls in it.

Because this is the modern internet and lots of people are amazingly easily triggered by the existence of girls.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't be any happier if the character with the woad eyeshadow and the cricket bat wrapped in barbed wire was a bloke.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I mean the fact that you're pearl clutching about Battlefield not being a "realistic WW2 shooter" tends to indicate that you haven't been paying attention to Battlefield, well, ever given that it's a game of magically spawning combined arms where any soldier can operate any vehicle or piece of equipment no matter how many crew it would normally require and they're all apparently parked conveniently in rifle shot of each other....

But this one, this one is the final straw where we complain about "teh realisms".
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Gandalf wrote: 2018-05-25 02:28am
Though a level for people playing as Germany where they have to navigate the Nuremberg trials would be something. "Press X to declare 'Just following orders.'"
I don't know about anyone else, but that sounds fucking hilarious to me. Well done sir.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.