Would my PC run FF14?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Would my PC run FF14?

Post by Lord Revan » 2018-06-04 03:41am

Honestly my funds atm (in-game that is) are rather limited so if I can get thru either by making it myself or asking my FC leader (who has been very good at helping me both by providing up to date gear when I needed it during leveling or simply guiding me to the place I needed to go to finish a quest).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX » 2018-06-04 01:02pm

When my sub was about to expire way back, I had a fire-sale on pretty much everything worth a single gil. Got more than a few messages because I undercut the Hell out of everyone. Went from around 1mil to logging out with 21mil. I was pretty sure when, or even if, I ever logged back into the game: all those high-end mats would be worth bupkis. Seems like I was mostly right, I ended up selling one Garuda Feather for around 850k because I was missing something to craft out another weapon and/or (my memory is hazy) I just didn't have anything I wanted to make since I had the DRG spear (Which is pretty much all I ran at the time) and somehow ended up with the DRK sword.....

I SHOULD have sold both our guild Hall and my private home, but I didn't want to load my inventory up with housing stuff. In retrospect: I should have taken the time.

I got no idea how to make money now, especially without Stormblood. We used to run maps. Those were easy money, especially the harder ones. And they dropped mats you could make good money on as well.

I'd run some shit with you or cough up a bit of cash, but there's no real cross-realm stuff and I'm pretty sure we're not even in the same datacenter. My buddy got his sub setup, so I guess we're going to do Main Scenario shit and farm Poetics. My PLD went from 186 to 260 because all the endgame HW gear is there for purchase. They are THROWING old Poetics at you, which makes sense since you can max out on HWs best gear, outside some raid stuff I assume, and then you're like "well, I guess I better buy Stormblood."

Which it should be. It's not like it's high-end cosmetic shit or anything. I'm working on finishing out my SCH HW gear. Get her setup and I've got my choices going into Stormblood if we bother (hopefully, it goes on sale soon). There's really no DPS that I'm enamored to coming back. Possibly SMN, but DRG has lost that spark for me. ARR DRG was some of the most fun DPSing I had, but into Thok and Alexander as DRG, I was getting bored and frustrated more than anything. Phase transitions were just SO annoying.

I could do with either the Blood of the Dragon OR the positioning requirements, but both stacking up like they do were/are a major annoyance.

And since the Alliance Raids are locked to 50, I can't even practice on some bullshit boss fights while also making out with some points. I think they should have gone the SWTOR route and level synced UPWARDS (instanced content in SWTOR syncs you to 70 now) and left you with all the abilities you had. Or they could have just NOT been lazy and added an Alliance Raid to freaking HW.

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan » 2018-06-10 05:06pm

Slowly (well relatively speaking) getting my tradecrafts to level 50 atm while actually none are there yet (my highest is goldsmithing at 49), other then the quest being a of a pain in the arse due having to make an HQ or several (with all HQ materials it's a bit a coin toss if you succeed there with gear you get from the quests themselves).

Oh and the Samurai level 54 is seriously overtuned and before you say "You're saying that because you failed at it" no I didn't fail (well I did but I've also completed it), I've done it was close but I did it and compared to the previously mentioned level 50 Dragoon quest which was tough but fair the samurai quest just seems poorly balanced.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX » 2018-06-14 03:42pm

Ugh, just fighting off the last of a combination Strep, Pink Eye, and Mono infection. (fucking Mono? What?). Anyways, I've had little time except to sleep, wish I was dead, and play FFXIV while on sick leave.

Crafting is really its own little game. Leveling to 50 was such a pain. I got lucky in there were a few high level crafters in our old guild. Sometimes you can get lucky and find your HQ crafts for cheap on the AH or cough the mats up to a high-level crafter and they'll help you out. FFXIV is, by far, the MMO with the most helpful people. Especially in the crafting area, last I checked. Alternatively, just level to max with Leves and save all the class quests for 50 when you've put together the opening crafter set and melded it a bit (which is easier now that Materia Melder NPCs are a thing).

I won't ever argue with anyone about some class quests being way overtuned. Jesus, at launch, pretty much the entirety of GLD > PLD 50 was the definition of "overtuned." Those level 30 elites out in ST you needed to kill to get the PLD stone? Man, they were making quick work of me and my Choco. I had to call a guildy out to help. WHM 50 was also a popular "/1 How the Hell do you beat this quest?" topic.

MAR/WAR was a fucking cakewalk by comparison except the 50 quest. But even then, you could put together a decent endgame set so your gear was being synced to ~80 (IIRC). Because going in with what leveling stuff you had on hand was near suicide.

WHM 50-60: total wash. Some Dragon Girl is spreading taint, so you go beat on her and happy ending. The little kids (the WHM quest givers) get more development. Also of note: Dragon Girls are such a waste. The males look phenomenally badass. The Females are just CatGirls with scales and Dragon Horns instead of fur and Cat Ears. I heard the RPers complained about the original, more alien, design. So Squeenix caved and made ANOTHER "cutegirl" race.

DRK really does stand out as a great 30-50 quest. A shame it falls apart post-50 and becomes more "hur the church is evil."

Astrologian is "Leveva: please stop walking into the waiting arms of murderers and kidnappers." from like 30 - 60. It has a few laughs, and Leveva is cute (I love her getup), but she could save herself a lot of trouble by hiring like.... 1 more bodyguard. As it stands, the quest is just kind of psychotic since they can't decide between one quest or another rather to kill or kidnap her. She's supposedly WAY too important to kill, then the next scene it's "you won't come quietly, time to die."

All I have left, aside from class quests, is the Manderville and Briarden quests (and Main Scenario, which I'm holding off on). Both are a total wash and boring as Hell. Man, the 50 Manderville stuff was hilarious. Gilgamesh and Ultros were so fun. I have no idea what's going on with the HWs stuff. It's just bad.

Now that Sprint has been turned into a QoL CD for all classes (it no longer drains TP): WOW are some of the animations just.... fucking terrible. The Spear (DRG/LAN) have to be the worst of the worst. No one would sprint with a spear like that, unless you wanted your spine to snap in half. Seriously, Squeenix should look at the Spear animations from freaking Conan Exiles and just copy those. They look great all around. But really, most of the DoW class move and sprint like they've never held a weapon.... or are in an anime.