Wolfenstein II's depiction of Hitler

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Do you feel that this was a good artistic choice?

Yes
69%
No
8%
Meh
23%

Total votes: 13

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Wolfenstein II's depiction of Hitler

Post by Zor »

Do you feel that Wolfenstein II: the New Colossus's depiction of Adolf Hitler in an alternate 1961 in which Nazi Germany won the second world war was the right way to go about it?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: Wolfenstein II's depiction of Hitler

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Completely crazy old and violent? Yeah I think that worked out fine, not amazing either.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

I thought it was pretty reasonable. And the chance to stamp on the bastard's head and kill him (even if it is an instant game-over is oh so satisfying.

Having him be this insane, rambling and feeble old man works for me. Especially since "The New Order" barely mentions him at all and it's not clear from that game if Hitler is even still alive, Deathshead seems to be the one calling the shots.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Having played the game up until this point, I am actually disappointing that they didn't stuck him in power armor and allow us to kill him in a massive boss battle. It would have been funnier if he pissed in it and messed it up.

This treatment, especially considering that he has aged into senility, is perhaps even more humiliating. Especially how hilarious it ended up as.

But still, what sort of Wolfenstein game would have Hitler and NOT kill him in a ridiculously gory fashion?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

...did you miss the option to crush his head under your boot? It's an instant game over but damn it's satisfying.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I didn't. It wasn't sufficiently satisfying or gory. It was downright tame compared to what the player normally does to normal soldiers.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.