PROBLEM: iPhone not connecting to Wifi

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

PROBLEM: iPhone not connecting to Wifi

Post by LadyTevar »

Can someone help me?

I have a local wifi hub to support all the devices in the house. The password has not been changed since Nitram set it years ago. All the devices that I gave password access to are connecting without problem, except suddenly the iPhone can't connect.

The iPhone had been connected prior. It had been one of the first devices given password access to the wifi. Now, however, I'm getting "Password Incorrect" messages when I try to connect. It absolutely will not accept the password saved in memory, nor will it accept what I know the password should be. (Unless I forgot what the password was, which is possible).

My laptop is having no problems connecting to the wifi, so it's obviously remembering the password. However, I have no clue where that password is stored. If I can find the password, I can (hopefully) correct whatever fuckup the iPhone is having with the Wifi by manually entering the correct password.

Laptop is running Win10, if that helps.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: PROBLEM: iPhone not connecting to Wifi

Post by Iroscato »

Try resetting your network settings. On most Iphones it'll be something like "Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings"
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

That worked. Thank you!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

You're welcome - I knew my blossoming career in phone sales had not been wasted :P
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)