The New (current) iPhone is Just Worse

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

The New (current) iPhone is Just Worse

Post by SolarpunkFan »

(Is tech humor allowed in this part of the forum?)

https://youtu.be/RgBDdDdSqNE
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: The New (current) iPhone is Just Worse

Post by Zixinus »

A slightly interesting note on this of my personal experience.

I deeply underutilize my phone. Mostly I use it to call people, alarm clock and the most intensive use is as a music player. I have cone for a evolveo strongphone because I do not want a phone that is friggin' fragile. It has some weird quirks but has been overall reliable. I have used wired headsets since the start, especially while I'm going up and down with a bike.

I too have switched over to bluetooth headset. Why? Because during movement the portion of the cable that reaches the phone inevetibly gets broken up. One side of the headset does not work or the whole thing gets borked. You cannot buy 3 channel jacks in the local electronics shop, so I can't just cut it off and put a new one where the cable isn't broken. I have to buy a new one, again and again.

So I had enough and brought a headset instead, to eliminate this problem. I got into the habit of charging both headset and phone due to the increased battery useage but I don't have to worry about the headset getting damaged due to cable rattle as I move around. My phone also only has one port, albeit it is a widely-compatible micro-USB port rather than the fancy thing for iphones.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Yeah, the innovation is lacking in terms of hardware as most of this shit is on Android phones, but I came for the software. The Apple ecosystem is bar none the best out there and iOS is pretty damned stable and well-designed. Sure, I wish I could have expandable storage and drag and drop capabilities, but I'll do without those for stability and a quality OS.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

I've been using a $35 Windows GoPhone for the past 3 years. In that time, we've bought two full price iShits for my wife.

Yet she complains when I blow $300 on an open-box GTX980ti.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

TheFeniX wrote: 2017-09-19 05:08pm I've been using a $35 Windows GoPhone for the past 3 years. In that time, we've bought two full price iShits for my wife.

Yet she complains when I blow $300 on an open-box GTX980ti.
Why two devices?
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

JLTucker wrote: 2017-09-19 04:58pm Yeah, the innovation is lacking in terms of hardware as most of this shit is on Android phones, but I came for the software. The Apple ecosystem is bar none the best out there and iOS is pretty damned stable and well-designed. Sure, I wish I could have expandable storage and drag and drop capabilities, but I'll do without those for stability and a quality OS.
I have only ever used Droid based phones other than actuall flip phone's and other than the first one I have never seen the stability issue's I see in desk top computer's( I game so I have to fiddle with settings and such)
As a matter of fact I don't recall even slowness from my last couple of Droid phone's.
Only down side to droid is generally poorly thought out app's since just about any one can be a developer. The keyboard auto correct for example, it still regularly fucks people in weird unexpected ways. Ways you wouldn't expect on a window's OS.
I guess I could just get a third party app for the keyboard but I don't care that much. It's just a phone.
That's why I run a $100 wal mart special droid phone.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

JI_Joe84 wrote: 2017-09-20 12:57am
JLTucker wrote: 2017-09-19 04:58pm Yeah, the innovation is lacking in terms of hardware as most of this shit is on Android phones, but I came for the software. The Apple ecosystem is bar none the best out there and iOS is pretty damned stable and well-designed. Sure, I wish I could have expandable storage and drag and drop capabilities, but I'll do without those for stability and a quality OS.
I have only ever used Droid based phones other than actuall flip phone's and other than the first one I have never seen the stability issue's I see in desk top computer's( I game so I have to fiddle with settings and such)
As a matter of fact I don't recall even slowness from my last couple of Droid phone's.
Only down side to droid is generally poorly thought out app's since just about any one can be a developer. The keyboard auto correct for example, it still regularly fucks people in weird unexpected ways. Ways you wouldn't expect on a window's OS.
I guess I could just get a third party app for the keyboard but I don't care that much. It's just a phone.
I'm not sure WTF this has to do with my post.
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

JLTucker wrote: 2017-09-20 02:33pm
JI_Joe84 wrote: 2017-09-20 12:57am
I'm not sure WTF this has to do with my post.
You said Droid is buggy, I said it's not. How can you not follow that?
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

I couldn’t follow it because your post was all over the place and poorly formatted And fucking hell yea it’s bugggy. I’m a QA Engineer. The keyboard autocorrect you’re referring to is a bug. android is known for having bugs and being on poorly-designed devices like Samsung. Overheating, apps crashing, optimization not working properly, microsd cards unmounting tjemaelves randomly.

It’s a garbage OS ruined by manufacturers who add their own bullshit to their phones.
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

I say any problems are greatly exaggerated, droid runs fine especially for what it is. A low cost/ high volume alternative to the Apple OS. Their devices continue to climb in price and give us less for the money, they also move down dead end tangents like the "we are killing the head phone jack, u use blue tooth now"
The problem with the last bit? Well I can buy a set of corded head phones for a couple bucks and Apple's head phones cost hundreds of dollars. That is what is wrong with Apple and why I don't care for them or their stuff.
The fly off the handle attacking problems that don't exist and expect us all to worship at their feet for it, you might notice the head phone jack is back in the new IPhone.