Fire Emblem Heroes (iOS/Android)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Fire Emblem Heroes (iOS/Android)

Post by K. A. Pital »

What, nobody's playing it?

Well, I am. :) :P It's kind of like HOMM on the go for me, 15-20 minutes of fun every day.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (iOS/Android)

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

I enjoyed the first 2 hours or so, but I wished I could crank up the difficulty. There were opportunities to use good tactics, but if I had just mindlessly thrown my units at the enemy I still would have won every battle.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Arthur_Tuxedo wrote:I enjoyed the first 2 hours or so, but I wished I could crank up the difficulty. There were opportunities to use good tactics, but if I had just mindlessly thrown my units at the enemy I still would have won every battle.
It will massively increase on higher levels (even more so once you start fighting in the Arena on advanced). At first you don't care about characters surviving because everyone survives the battle, but later on many battles become challenging (if you don't overlevel characters, they will remain challenging until the very end - especially the Lunatic 9th level missions are extremely hard), and start requiring characters of a specific type (e.g. anti-armor) to win.

It is very satisfying to end a 7-match run in the arena with over 3000 points and all characters surviving in every match. They also don't get XP if they die (even if there's no permadeath), and it is quite often that the one you need levelled up will die on harder difficulty :(
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I've played it a little bit, but these hero gacha games trade a lot on familiarity with the series and I've just never been into Fire Emblem.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I haven't played a single FE game, but lots of HOMM back in the day.

I found the mechanics similar and the faces nicely drawn. I couldn't care less how my lances/swords/axes are called (although by now I know who's good and who's worthless, thanks to the unit skill tree and experience in teh arena).

Assalti Frontali