What's wrong with this?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

What's wrong with this?

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: What's wrong with this?

Post by Zixinus »

Can you please give more info? Operating system, computer model? Does it go wrong when you open something or does it just pop up?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Well, we know it's windows, and we know it's ASUS. I suspect Windows 8 or 10 giving the "WindowsApps" which is more modern sounding than other names. We know it's a 32-bit program, and that some hardware on the device is causing it to crash. Am I reasonably close? :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I'm going to give 3 easy answers.

1) This seems like ASUS bloatware. Unless you need the functionality it used to provide, just remove it.
2) It's whining because it can't find something. My guess is that it's installation is broken and/or you upgraded your OS and it broke then. So reinstall should fix.
3) Fuck this that's why.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

I love Asus, but they got some bloat and it's buggy. MyAsus is some of that bloat.

MyAsus in particular is pretty much a buggy "ASUS App" store and advertising program. Ditch it unless you want to see all those SWEET DEALS!
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

TheFeniX wrote:I love Asus, but they got some bloat and it's buggy. MyAsus is some of that bloat.

MyAsus in particular is pretty much a buggy "ASUS App" store and advertising program. Ditch it unless you want to see all those SWEET DEALS!
I bought an ASUS Zenbook and in less than a year the SSD died and the laptop hinge cracked severely. Apparently I opened and closed it too much, according to the person I spoke with at ASUS. WIll never buy from them again.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

That sucks.

My ASUS CG Series i7 Desktop had the PSU and HDD (though SWTOR might have contributed to that) die in the first year. But they scrimped on both because it was retail. Everything else has worked great. I've got a 3+ year old Q550L series i7 laptop that still looks and functions like new even though the 745M is getting older.

Their retail PCs/laptops can be hit or miss. But their parts have always been top quality (IMHO) for a decent price. I've been buying them almost exclusively for 15 years and rarely had problems. And when I did have to RMA one mainboard, the experience was painless.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

My previous ASUS did last for 6+ years. Uh sorry for the lack of specifics, yes it IS an ASUS on what seems to be the latest iteration of Windows?
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:My previous ASUS did last for 6+ years. Uh sorry for the lack of specifics, yes it IS an ASUS on what seems to be the latest iteration of Windows?
Asus runs some pretty "fancy" and proprietary drivers and software for their systems. You may want to put your model number into asus.com and get the latest ones available for Windows 10. You might be able to find a W10 version of MyASUS if you just HAVE to have it. Otherwise, just uninstall it.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Ah, the ASUS I am using now, I just got this year.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!