Tandy TRS-80 MC-10 Micro Color Computer

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Swindle1984
Jedi Master

Tandy TRS-80 MC-10 Micro Color Computer

Post by Swindle1984 »

I've got two of these, plus a single 16k memory expansion, that have been sitting in the closet since I was a kid. They're in a box, they haven't been exposed to extreme temperatures or otherwise abused, and are cosmetically intact. No cables or other accessories of any kind. They seem to be going for between $20-30 in the same condition on Ebay, so obviously I'm not concerned about any financial value they may have.

What are the odds that they'll still function, what's the best means of finding the cords and other components I need, and do I need an old CRT tv to hook them to or can I use an adapter to plug them into a modern tv?
Your ad here.
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Re: Tandy TRS-80 MC-10 Micro Color Computer

Post by Starglider »

The hardware will probably work fine, but the tapes might be corrupt. To use old computers with modern TVs you need an RF to HDMI demodulator (tuner box). There's still a ton of those going for pennies on Ebay, although presumably they will get harder to find as analogue broadcast TV receedes into history.
Swindle1984
Jedi Master

Re: Tandy TRS-80 MC-10 Micro Color Computer

Post by Swindle1984 »

I have no tapes, nor the tape decks for them.

Should have plenty of those adapters available, given that my computer guy is also a huge gaming nerd and runs his old NES, Atari 2600, etc. on modern tv's.
Your ad here.