What to get a League of Legends player for Christmas?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

What to get a League of Legends player for Christmas?

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

My niece is a big fan of LoL and I wanted to get her some kind of DLC pack, whether a character pack or just in-game currency or XP. Problem is, I don't really know anything about the game. She's been playing it for at least a couple of years, so she'll be past the starter stuff. What would be a good gift for $30-$60 and do I need to be logged on as her or can I send it as a gift so it's a surprise?
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Re: What to get a League of Legends player for Christmas?

Post by TheFeniX »

You can buy League of Legends gift cards at many electronic retail outlets and even online. I would be careful buying her something directly since you don't know her playstyle nor what she already owns (I don't know if it's even possible to gift someone items).

You could also try getting her a cheaper card, and talking to her a bit and find out her favorite character(s). Then buy her either a figurine or a plush toy. However, those plush toys look.... not so great.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: What to get a League of Legends player for Christmas?

Post by Iroscato »

LoL player here - I'd definitely go the gift card route. I believe only players can actually gift each other in-game, but an actual redeemable gift card is perfect from a non-player and will allow her to buy anything she wants from the store.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)