How do you add widgets to homescreen in a OPPoo R9?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Archinist
Padawan Learner

How do you add widgets to homescreen in a OPPoo R9?

Post by Archinist »

I am wondering on how to do this as it seems impossible. Yes I did google it but it told me nothing but irrelevant BS about longtapping on the homestead, WHICH DOESNT WORK, and also going to the security tab in settings. There is. No security tab I'm settings so I guess those people who wrote the tutorials are either hallucinating or trolling. So how do you do it? It is very frustrating as I cannot add any widgets which dramatically slows down productivity.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: How do you add widgets to homescreen in a OPPoo R9?

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Do what now?

Slowly this time, and in English.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
BabelHuber
Padawan Learner

Post by BabelHuber »

Archinist wrote:I am wondering on how to do this as it seems impossible. Yes I did google it but it told me nothing but irrelevant BS about longtapping on the homestead, WHICH DOESNT WORK, and also going to the security tab in settings. There is. No security tab I'm settings so I guess those people who wrote the tutorials are either hallucinating or trolling. So how do you do it? It is very frustrating as I cannot add any widgets which dramatically slows down productivity.
Which launcher are you using? On Android, you can install own launchers like Nova, Apex or the Google Now launcher, or you can use the launcher the phone came with.

Usually, you need to long-press at an empty area of a desktop screen, then a menu comes up (usually background pictures, widgets and settings).

If you can't do this on your launcher, simply download the Google Now launcher. If you also fail using the Google Now launcher, the problem is in front of the phone :mrgreen:
Ladies and gentlemen, I can envision the day when the brains of brilliant men can be kept alive in the bodies of dumb people.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Try searching by the operating system. Not the device model.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

BabelHuber wrote:
Archinist wrote:I am wondering on how to do this as it seems impossible. Yes I did google it but it told me nothing but irrelevant BS about longtapping on the homestead, WHICH DOESNT WORK, and also going to the security tab in settings. There is. No security tab I'm settings so I guess those people who wrote the tutorials are either hallucinating or trolling. So how do you do it? It is very frustrating as I cannot add any widgets which dramatically slows down productivity.
Which launcher are you using? On Android, you can install own launchers like Nova, Apex or the Google Now launcher, or you can use the launcher the phone came with.

Usually, you need to long-press at an empty area of a desktop screen, then a menu comes up (usually background pictures, widgets and settings).

If you can't do this on your launcher, simply download the Google Now launcher. If you also fail using the Google Now launcher, the problem is in front of the phone :mrgreen:
Well I installed the app to do that, but that's a bit risky because at any point in time the app could randomly break and cause cause issues massive with the desktop. I would much prefer the original vanilla experience of doing it properly and loading it normally instead of having to download a million bits of 3rd party information apps and things.

This should come with the information when the bought. It should be a standard feature and most the of the Google say that it can be done with the long tapping but the long trapping doesn't work at all it just nothing when long tapped on the empty place.

What is up with Nova? I installed it and tried to get it to work, but it was extremely convoluted and had hundreds of different options and crap strewn about everywhere. It was so confusing and apparently you add to move the apps to the desktop one at a time with each app taking 3 seconds to actually select and 2 seconds to move.

There were too many menus and small settings about how many atoms everything should be long, tall, width, etc etc a bunch of wholly unimportant things which are although useful to have for those that care, shouldn't be on the main menu for everything to gawk at. I installed the google now app instead and although I had to manually place apps from the big menu to the desktop, it was much better, no menus asking for this that how many millions of atoms you want that one particular frame window to be, none of that wonder snes.

Anyway I think it uses the Color os OS that is a standoff from android. I've heard it's awful but better than the older ones and is ripped off from apple. Now here's a genuine question, how do they not get sued by apple for straight-out copying their OS appearance? Like a normal man on the internet can easily get sued by game devs by making a video that says their game is no good, and also from just playing it at all, so how can you copy and paste an entire OS from a big company like apple and get away with it?

Actually, you can even be sued or tried to be sued by making a bad review on a video game on steam because you don't like a certain dev's games. There is no point in the negative steam review system in that case and if steam cared about their customers they should remove it entirely or at least put a very big and bold RED disclaimer on the box that warns them of this issue. Surely that should be outlawed.
General Zod wrote:Try searching by the operating system. Not the device model.
This I did, but all I saw was a user-made guide that waffled on about everything and anything that didn't interest me and a bunch of "Top Ten Things About XXX" and "Why The Best "XXX" Is "XXX" and similar magazines and advertisements.
BabelHuber
Padawan Learner

Post by BabelHuber »

Archinist wrote:What is up with Nova? I installed it and tried to get it to work, but it was extremely convoluted and had hundreds of different options and crap strewn about everywhere. It was so confusing and apparently you add to move the apps to the desktop one at a time with each app taking 3 seconds to actually select and 2 seconds to move.

There were too many menus and small settings about how many atoms everything should be long, tall, width, etc etc a bunch of wholly unimportant things which are although useful to have for those that care, shouldn't be on the main menu for everything to gawk at. I installed the google now app instead and although I had to manually place apps from the big menu to the desktop, it was much better, no menus asking for this that how many millions of atoms you want that one particular frame window to be, none of that wonder snes.
What is up with you? Android is about choice - the launcher, phone app, contacts, messaging app, mail app etc. are just this - apps. You can replace any stock app with anything you like more.

This is what distinguishes Android from OSes like iOS or Windows Mobile (R.I.P.).

Of course Nova is a launcher for people who want to tweak everything. There are more simple launchers out there for people who don't.

The point of installing Nova just was to check whether it works on your phone at all. It seems you have MIUI on your phone, a forked version of Android. I don't know what exactly your fork supports, I personally stay away from Android phones which are forked too much (most vendors make things worse instead of improving them IMO).

I just installed Nova on my phone, just to check.

This is Nova's desktop, just place your finger anywhere on the desktop for about 1/2 second, e.g. at the spot I have marked:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wr4pjtx8wqyq2 ... 6.png?dl=0

When I do this, I get this result:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qejy3hsst54xe ... 1.png?dl=0

If this doesn't work for you, your phone is at fault. If it doesn't work for you, you can try to install a "real" Android version on your phone - if your bootloader is unlocked (or unlockable) and if there are AOSP-based ROMs for your model.
Ladies and gentlemen, I can envision the day when the brains of brilliant men can be kept alive in the bodies of dumb people.