Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr

Post by TheFeniX »

I think I've said this before, but the Warhammer series owns the excessively long title award.

WH40K:IM is a third-person.... RTS? Action-RPG? The camera seems to be on a swivel, and it relies on click-to-move with a small ability bar layout. My buddy turned me onto it with the 4-player co-op option. There's not a whole lot of information out there, but the game looks neat. It's not coming out till 2017, but the released gameplay trailers has me interested even though I'm burned out on the Diablo clone style games. The combat seems fairly slow-paced, which I'm actually down for since a lot of games these days seem to rely on extremely low TTKs and passing it off as "intense action." This was very noticable in Starcraft 1 vs SC2. There's little time for micro-management in the latter because shit just goes down way too fast. And Diablo 3 on higher difficulties became "spam to not die" system I wasn't a big fan of.

Other games have drawn out the combat and balanced the line between boring and tactical.

Link to the official site.

In addition to the single-player Story Mode, the Inquisitorial Campaign not only introduces the cooperative gameplay up to 4 players, but gives you the chance to join various Inquisitorial clans.

Participate in unique World Events and go on unique chains of missions that could influence the fate of the whole sector.
Unfortunately, there seems to be a separate SP and co-op campaign, which I'm not a fan of. I'll have to wait for more info to see how fleshed out the MP campaign is.