Rpg recruitment thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Rpg recruitment thread

Post by madd0ct0r »

Im looking for a couple more players for "Her Majesty's Secret Service - the adventures of Elizabeth Windsor and her artifact weilding family as they covertly safegaurd their territory"

Game engine will be risus. Play by post located here:
https://roleplayinggames.slack.com/pickup_risus_2

The free (and incredibly short 4 pages risus rules can be found here: http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/risus.htm

Ten dice per character. Four dice maximum for a single cliche. Questing dice and hooks and tales all encouraged.
Four major classes of cliche: no more than four dice per class
1) Magical artifacts - inherited or looted from across the empire.
2) Service training - connections or skills or equipment from the armed forces or secret service
3) Statescraft - abilities ranging from diplomancy to managing vast tracts of land
4) Playboy experience- seduction, fast cars, horse showmanship, carousing and lying

Your mission is to combat dark threats to your people. Grindlewald left pockets of evil scattered across Europe before his defeat in ww1. Now those dark forces are gathering strength again.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Jub
Sith Marauder

Re: Rpg recruitment thread

Post by Jub »

I might be in depending on how much of a commitment your group needs. I don't want to jump in only to find that I'm holding things up.

Also, your link to the game/thread doesn't seem to work unless you have to be signed into slack first or something.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Im afraid you do need to sign into slack first. Its a bit annoying for joining the first time, but ive spent much more time there than facebook recently. Built in dice bot is handy too.

As for time limits. Im in a similar boat. Lots of short slots that suit play by post but not the epic writing blocks i needed in stgod games.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I'll have to pass this time, but in a few weeks once I'm fully settled into my new place I'll have time/energy enough to get in on this. If you still need anybody then let me know.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

I'm sure I'll have a game of something running.