Camera Under $1000

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Camera Under $1000

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Punt this to AMP if need be. I am looking to shoot videos of trains, sports, etc, but I don't want to use a camcorder and from what I read there's a firmware to delete the length limit. I am looking to learn how to use a DSLR and the like as well anyway.

My budget is under $1000 so I currently have my eye on three models that I would like your opinion on: Canon T5i, Sony A6000 though I read the battery life sucks, and the Nikon D5500.

If anyone knows a good discounted website where I won't be charged NY sales tax that'd be great too.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Camera Under $1000

Post by General Zod »

I'm a big fan of Nikons. If you go with the kit lenses you can get a decent model for under $700 from Best Buy no problem. If you just want video GoPro is a decent option.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."