Pokemon Go thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Re: Pokemon Go thread

Post by ArmorPierce »

Borgholio wrote:I'm not sure which ones would be considered super rare overall...but as for myself, I've only seen a handful of the starter Pokemon (Squirtle, Pikachu, etc...) so I only have a couple of each. Most of the rare ones I have I actually hatched from eggs or evolved from the basic ones. I have an Exeggcute and a Voltorb, both from eggs...and I found one Koffing when I went to the local county fair. Jolteon and Rhydon I evolved.
Yeah same here, most the semi-rare pokemon I have are from eggs. I have 9 incubators going at all times! Most I just catch pidgeys and ratattas. Even the zubats are pretty rare, I don't have enough to evolve a goldbat yet. I hear that over at NYC people have greater luck catching stuff.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

phred wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:only then did I realize how badly I was hurting from all the walking.
Today, I've taken all my normal pain meds, and I'm seriously eyeing the Tramadol.
I have similar issues from a lot more walking around than I'm used to.

Maybe its justmy cheap phone, but the game has a rather sketchy relationship with the GPS. I can sit in one spot by city hall and watch my toon wander around. I basically sit there and try to hit the 5 pokestops in the area as the guy walks in range of them.
Same here to a lesser degree - I can leave the game running plugged into my PC and my guy will walk around a little bit. It's not much but over time it's quite useful for helping eggs along :)

Quite a succesful day today, went over the road to get a takeaway for work and hatched a Jigglypuff and a Geodude. Also caught a Squirtle and like...a shitload of Pidgeys.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Nice thing about all the pidgeys is that worth a lucky egg and evolving them to pigeotto you can harvest a substantial amount of xp.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Here's my team. I'm level 20, and I'm 2 candies from getting a wheezing which should be in the 2k range.

ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey

Post by ArmorPierce »

I can't see any of your pictures
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Is that some new forme of Voltorb?
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Hmm, I'll try uploading them again tomorrow.
libertyjim
Youngling

Post by libertyjim »

Oh yeah hi guys. Sorted out my Pokémon Go. Wasn't very hard tbh. I used this: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-in ... -download/

Literally the first result in bing. Anyway I still don't have a Haunter.

Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Let's try this again.

phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

They need to work out the GPS thing. I made it all the way to the second stop on my round tonight and never saw the map. So i grabbed food from the taqueria next to the stop and went home. I know its not the location tool in the phone because google maps was working just fine.

On the plus side I took over my first gym yesterday
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey

Post by ArmorPierce »

I get like 5-8 KM sitting at my desk at work. Pretty sweet.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Yeah, I get 2 KM just by sitting on my couch for a few hours.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
libertyjim
Youngling

Post by libertyjim »

Just caught two squirtles and a charmander in two days. I seem to be a little behind most people but that still seems lucky to me.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

My 10k luck is pants. Eevees, kabuto and onix. Every time.... Gimme my bloomin Snorlax!

On the positive side of things, I did hatch a Porygon earlier. I'm now upto 86/151. Slowly getting there!
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Apparently there is a ban wave going around against the cheaters. Has this have any effect on the period of time you hold gyms?
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

ArmorPierce wrote:Apparently there is a ban wave going around against the cheaters. Has this have any effect on the period of time you hold gyms?
Hold? No. But I have seen fewer 2k Arcanines running around though. So it's easier to attack but you can still get knocked out pretty fast unless you have a bunch of teammates standing by to help reinforce the gym.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Borgholio wrote:
ArmorPierce wrote:Apparently there is a ban wave going around against the cheaters. Has this have any effect on the period of time you hold gyms?
Hold? No. But I have seen fewer 2k Arcanines running around though. So it's easier to attack but you can still get knocked out pretty fast unless you have a bunch of teammates standing by to help reinforce the gym.
I ask because I knocked out a gym yesterday and am surprised to see that my 1650 lapras is still there. It could just be due to it being a super hot day today so not a lot of people up and about and that park and Gym is sort of a weird location. It's a small park between main road, highway, and garden apartment complex but the gym is only reachable if you go through the skinny long park road with only enough space for 1 car.

Week or two back I saw that it was occupied by a series of 2000+ CP pokemon for a few days.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

I went to a small Belgian town that's hyped as a Pokemon hotspot yesterday.
Population: 35. Pokehunters: 2000. It was quite a sight.

I've got my first Pikachu there in just an hour. Also a Persian while I'm yet to find the Miauwth.