Next Paradox LP poll - lets try that again

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

What shall it be:

1. New CKII game
3%
2. New CKII game, winter king mod
8%
3. New EU IV game
5%
4. New EU IV game, custom nation of Thanasia
11%
5. Stellaris LP, Roman Empire
32%
6. Stellaris LP, German Empire
25%
7. Stellaris LP, Rheinland
16%

Total votes: 63

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Next Paradox LP poll - lets try that again

Post by Thanas »

Alright. Since it appears a HoI game is untenable at the moment due to the interface (shame, really, I had some great Kaiserreich and Darkest Hour games) I think we have to consider more realistic options. The ones left are:

1. new CKII game, custom nation

2. New CKII game, with The Winter King mod. Basically, Arthurian Britain in CkII. Would probably play as Syagrius then.

3. New EU IV game, Byzantines or a nation of your chosing. EUIV got a few new expansions, who add some interesting mechanics.

4. EU IV game, custom nation. Honestly, who doesn't want the nation of Thanasia to rise form a one province minor to a great power?

5. Stellaris LP, Roman Empire From one city to all of the Earth (previous EU IV LP), from one planet to the universe. The proper conclusion to our CKII and EUIV LPs.

6. Stellaris LP, German Empire. From one nation (Previous Vic II LP) to the universe. SPACE BISMARCK. SPACE HERRING.

7. Stellaris LP, Rheinland (fictional nation from SDNW). Would have the advantage of getting around some of stellaris....oddities without breaking disbelief.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: Next Paradox LP poll - lets try that again

Post by Iroscato »

Stellaris FTW! But only if you include those fantastic 'historical' excerpts from your first two LP's (didn't really follow the 3rd) reworked for a futuristic/sci-fi setting :D
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

All three votes cast for Stellaris as well - though I'm leaning towards Rheinland or the German Empire rather than the Romans. As fun as they they cannot and will not compare to either Bismarck IN SPACE! on Rheinland with it's leopard-owning Chancellors.

Perhaps this future Rheinland was the end result of that Europa Treaty it signed with Orion :D
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:All three votes cast for Stellaris as well - though I'm leaning towards Rheinland or the German Empire rather than the Romans. As fun as they they cannot and will not compare to either Bismarck IN SPACE! on Rheinland with it's leopard-owning Chancellors.

Perhaps this future Rheinland was the end result of that Europa Treaty it signed with Orion :D
I actually would like to have it be a synthesis of Rheinland and Orion (maybe something like the "Federated Union of Rheinland, Orion and lesser territories" or somesuch) if you don't mind. Would fit well with the AI friendly approach.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Awww shit, I didn't realise I could do three votes. Any way to reverse my vote?
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Chimaera wrote:Awww shit, I didn't realise I could do three votes. Any way to reverse my vote?
Yes, you can change your vote as often as you like. Just select your preferences and click vote again.
------------
------------
My LPs
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

There doesn't seem to be a way to do that, it's locked in. No matter, I will ghetto-vote for all 3 Stellaris options :)

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Thanas wrote:
Eternal_Freedom wrote:All three votes cast for Stellaris as well - though I'm leaning towards Rheinland or the German Empire rather than the Romans. As fun as they they cannot and will not compare to either Bismarck IN SPACE! on Rheinland with it's leopard-owning Chancellors.

I actually would like to have it be a synthesis of Rheinland and Orion (maybe something like the "Federated Union of Rheinland, Orion and lesser territories" or somesuch) if you don't mind. Would fit well with the AI friendly approach.
I had intended that as a joke, but if you want to run with that by all means, I'd be delighted.

Heh. "Lesser Territories." Peons :D

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

I voted for space Rome simply because I'm hoping you'll throw in a lot of lore and various bits and bobs relating to actual Rome into this. And with you being an expert that has the potential to be interesting in a unique way.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Eternal_Freedom wrote: I actually would like to have it be a synthesis of Rheinland and Orion (maybe something like the "Federated Union of Rheinland, Orion and lesser territories" or somesuch) if you don't mind. Would fit well with the AI friendly approach.
Or, the Federated Union of RheinO.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Voted for the three Stellaris options, because I figured reading about an SF setting will be more interesting, and I like the grand scope it promises.
DaZergRock54444
Padawan Learner

Post by DaZergRock54444 »

Yeah, Rome would probably have hit space more quickly than either OTL or Herringed Germany. Add a voice for Herrings in Spaaaace, though Rhineland would be interesting from what I recall from the intro post for it in SDNW4, if a touch mad.

I think Stelaris will be the next choice, and having Bismark's successor encounter some fascist aliens bent on conquering the galaxy and educating them on proper German methods of conquest. Zee German would approve.
Instead of foodservice equipment, let's play with large format projectors.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Thanas wrote:

Eternal_Freedom wrote: Heh. "Lesser Territories." Peons :D
*cough*

Ahem. :evil: :evil: :evil:

:P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Yes I know Cascadia is still butthurt about the Superb :D

U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Yes I know Cascadia is still butthurt about the Superb :D
Was it Orion's fault if Superb's sentries were asleep on the job? :D

Oh, wait, shit, wrong Superb.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Not sentries per se, but Orion can hardly be held responsible if Superb's ASW screen didn't stop Conqueror sneaking in and putting a volley of torpedoes into the carrier :D

It was war after all :)

U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Let me get this straight. Orion had a sub named after the sub that took Belgrano, OTL, and it sunk a carrier...named after another RN attack sub, OTL. How weird.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Yeah well, Orion was a big pusher for nuclear technology, so Steve and I agreed that in the little war we had in the backstory one of my subs became the world's first (and so far only) nuclear-powered sub to kill another ship. So I chose the name specifically. Steve chose the carrier name.

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

If we're doing Rheinland (plus Orion) IN SPACE, I wonder where that would leave the rest of the SDNW6 nations. The Federated Union of Rheinland and Orion needs satraps and peer competitors to play with, after all.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Fuso got squashed after that whole "Olympus Has Fallen" plotline :D

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Fuso got squashed after that whole "Olympus Has Fallen" plotline :D
The ultranationalists succeeded, and the whole place degenerated into something resembling the worst excesses of Showa Japan and the Philippines under Ferdinand Marcos. AND THEN they got squashed. That works. :D
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Yeah, turned out my old big-gun battleships were useful for something :)

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

To be honest, I am not sure how I would integrate other players nations because I do not feel they are mine to play with to start. In any case, looks like Rome is winning by a mile so nothing to worry about on that front.
------------
------------
My LPs
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

A pity that. As much as I know I'll enjoy seeing you make Space Rome a reality, the idea of Rheinland and Orion reaching out to the stars is rather delightful. Though quite how it/they would react on reaching the actual Orion Nebula would be interesting to RP :D

Perhaps an idea to keep in reserve.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Yeah well, Orion was a big pusher for nuclear technology, so Steve and I agreed that in the little war we had in the backstory one of my subs became the world's first (and so far only) nuclear-powered sub to kill another ship. So I chose the name specifically. Steve chose the carrier name.
To clarify, the Superb was a ship that Cascadia had started building right around the start of the WWII analogue conflict. It got converted into an aircraft carrier and remained in service until it met its end at the hands of Conquerer, a prestigious moment that signaled Orion was ready to face down one of the leading world powers.

Granted, the following year Cascadian mechanized forces rumbled right through Orion's conquests in South America and drove them back over the border into their regional protectorates. :twisted:

And then the Communists in Klavostan started getting uppity and the two nations decided that whatever they disliked about each other, they disliked Communists more, so they agreed to a compromise peace. :)

And I voted for Space Romans or Custom Nation EUIV playthrough.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED