The Feinstein-Burr anti-encryption bill would actually outlaw JPEGs

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: The Feinstein-Burr anti-encryption bill would actually outlaw JPEGs

Post by General Zod »

Terralthra wrote:I do. I'm glad there's at least one other person on the forum who deliberately thinks through the implications of the language they use. I also saw how two people immediately refused to engage with a well-reasoned post for no apparent reason, a third person tried to tar him with an appeal to motive, and then a moderator on a debate forum said not to bother debating.
I guess sticking to the actual thread topic is too hard when there's moral outrage to be had.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

What's most interesting to me is that neither Simon nor I expressed any outrage or offense. They laid out a thoughtful and reasonable post about why using "bitch" to refer to "any woman with whom I disagree" is potentially sexist language. You, along with two other posters and a mod, are the only people to talk about offense or outrage, while (I can only assume) deliberately refusing to engage with the substance of their post.

It seems far more like you and Highlord Laan and Khaat are outraged at the implication that you all routinely use sexist language than that Simon, or I, are outraged at the language you use.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Maybe I just think you and Simon are cunts.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

It's like they say.

"If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you have the law on your side, pound the law. If you have neither on your side, pound the table."

The table is acquiring some very impressive dents here.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Virtue signalling indeed.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

If you want to start a new thread about the minimum civility levels expected when you want to insult a person, please do so in SLAM. If you think someone has broken a rule, use the report button. Otherwise, cut the thread hijack. Some people might actually click on the thread title in the hopes of learning more about the fucking OP topic.