The fight for the uncomfy chair: A GOT mod Crusader Kings 2 AAR

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

adipose1913
Redshirt

The fight for the uncomfy chair: A GOT mod Crusader Kings 2 AAR

Post by adipose1913 »

Greetings, Knights, dwarfs, and backstabbing nobles.

When I first discovered what an After Action report (or AAR) is, I wanted to do one. Part fanfic and part Let's play, they are always fun to read, but, unfortunately, they are not done very often anymore.

I hit on the idea of doing Crusader kings 2 because it is a slow paced game, so not very compatible with a video format, but intrigue runs rampant throughout as you vie for power against other lords while trying to keep your own vassals in line, making for organic storytelling. Religion complicates things, as do factions and assasination plots. All in all, battles aren't the only source of juicy tension and story here.

All of this makes for a very good read, but how do you make an even bigger political minefield, with even more scheming vassals and general shit to deal with?

The answer is simple: move the game to Westeros.

Ladies and gentlemen, sharpen your swords, mount your horses, and raise your banners in hate of Jeoffery, 'cause Monday, 8 pm PDT, my after action report for The Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings 2 begins.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Re: The fight for the uncomfy chair: A GOT mod Crusader Kings 2 AAR

Post by The Vortex Empire »

All hail Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, One True King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Could you edit your pictures to a maximum of 900 pixel width so that you do not break the format?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
adipose1913
Redshirt

Post by adipose1913 »

Thanas wrote:Could you edit your pictures to a maximum of 900 pixel width so that you do not break the format?
I will work on it. sorry for the mistake.
adipose1913
Redshirt

Post by adipose1913 »

Okay, I can't edit that first post (is there a timer on how long until you can't edit?), but I will do the rest of them at 900 pixel width.