Axis and allies air forces miniatures PIC HEAVY

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Axis and allies air forces miniatures PIC HEAVY

Post by darthkommandant »

Here is my entire collection of Axis and allies airforce minis.

Scale is 1/100 and all planes are preassembled and prepainted.
Tiger II fanboy
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Axis and allies air forces miniatures PIC HEAVY

Post by Lord Revan »

Other then the finnish plane(s) having the wrong insignia (though for obvious reason the correct insignia might be hard to find) looks nice.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

For the Finns I have a Ms406 and a Brewster Buffalo. Both are good but the Buffalo is kind of rare.
Tiger II fanboy
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Btw in case you or anyone else is wondering the correct emblem for Finnish Air Force at the time was a light blue swastika on white backround, with the current emblem (the which is in the planes) adopted in 1945 for rather obvious reason even if the orginal insignia had nothing to do with Germany (it was the emblem of the swedish count who gifted the Finnish air force with first planes they used).
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Aware of all of that. The emblem was probably changed to the modern one on the minis for the same reasons the original was changed.
Tiger II fanboy
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

darthkommandant wrote:Aware of all of that. The emblem was probably changed to the modern one on the minis for the same reasons the original was changed.
most likely as it's near impossible to depictions of finnish planes with the orginal emblem unless they're historical depictions.
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

A note the Finnish planes are piloted by ace (Brewster) and veteran (Ms406) pilots. And they get boni when outnumbered too. This means that they are quite good. For those wondering the pilot skill level from best to worst is Ace, Veteran, Rookie, Poor. If anyone wants to see any cards of a plane just let me know.
Tiger II fanboy