World of Warcraft: Legion

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Knife » 2016-11-06 06:20pm

LOL, so finishing up Cata. Now level 84, I know I level slow but I'm busy in real life and want to experience the leveling game. Anyway, Uldum is the most fun I've had since Plague Lands. Very well done and makes up for vashj'ir. The over the top Indiana Jones bit on top of other things like Schnottz landing is just sprinkles on top for me. For fucks sake I'm old enough to remember Knotts Landing, though it bored me to tears as a kid.

Ret Pally seems ok, pretty solid with good tool kit for survival and decent DPS. Still will prob go tank or healer but nice to know DPS is ok.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Postby TheFeniX » 2016-11-07 12:23pm

Broomstick wrote:That's been a complaint about elemental from day one - lack of viability at the top of the end game. BUT - for soloing mixed with a bit of everything else it is in fact viable. If someone is looking more towards PvE but isn't that concerned with top-end raiding there's a lot that's good about it.
My problem isn't even the top, it's that Enhancement just blows Elemental away in anything but the biggest of trash pulls. You feel like you're gimping yourself bothering with it. This problem has become even more an issue now that gear is "all stats" as people actually bitch. I ignore them, but my buddy who mains Shaman gets tired of it. He doesn't mind Enh, but he started a Shammie for Ele.

It's the same way I feel about Frost vs Unholy DK. I'm a Frost DK, but (and there have been some buffs to Frost), I could fail my way through Unholy in the same gear and pickup an extra 20-30% DPS. Oh yea, and I mob people to death with shittons of ghouls in PvP. They got a lot about Unholy right, but they left Frost in the dust. At the least, Elemental continues to be a fun spec to play which is why I won't ditch it but is also why I would never main a Shaman, same for Mage (I enjoy Frost too much).

Knife wrote:LOL, so finishing up Cata. Now level 84, I know I level slow but I'm busy in real life and want to experience the leveling game. Anyway, Uldum is the most fun I've had since Plague Lands. Very well done and makes up for vashj'ir. The over the top Indiana Jones bit on top of other things like Schnottz landing is just sprinkles on top for me. For fucks sake I'm old enough to remember Knotts Landing, though it bored me to tears as a kid.
Vash'Jir... at launch. It's like "Hey, we got this whole ocean to play with. Let's make all the quest areas as small as possible and force players to clump up for no reason."

Ret Pally seems ok, pretty solid with good tool kit for survival and decent DPS. Still will prob go tank or healer but nice to know DPS is ok.
Supposedly Ret is super-good right now. Top-Tier Single-Target DPS, moderate AOE (insane if you get multiple procs), and is a beast in PvP. They are one of the better tanks and heals at the moment as well. The tanking is boring, but it gets the job done. Amazingly, Ret is now the most fun spec to play because, while there are few, you do have choices to make and there's viability among different talents in a tree.

I expect Ret to be nerfed into oblivion soon. Really never allowed to be on top for long after Wrath of the Retadin. And not even top, they aren't allowed to be anything but middle-of-the-road for extended periods of time. Much like DKs, Blizzard seems to react punitively and quickly any time they become the slightest bit overtuned.

But the buffs to Ret didn't come out of a vacuum, so it would be cool if they stuck around.

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Postby Darth Yan » 2016-11-12 09:12pm

This is the cutscene from the nighthold raid. Warning. MASSIVE spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOuFktebfY Spoiler
You know what they say Gul'dan. Karma's a bitch