World of Warcraft: Legion

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

User avatar
White Haven
Sith Acolyte
Posts: 6300
Joined: 2004-05-17 03:14pm
Location: Richmond, Virginia: The Capitol of Treason
Contact:

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby White Haven » 2016-09-22 12:54pm

Hey, we're named after a famous demon lord. We've gotta channel that level of jackassery somewhere. Besides, I got ganked by one of you Nazjatar imports the other day, Enhancement Shaman named Gucci. Gotta hold a grudge; it's in the handbook.
Image
Image
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image

User avatar
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 10381
Joined: 2004-05-20 02:23pm
Location: Zone:classified

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Lord Revan » 2016-09-22 05:58pm

Draenor is supricingly stable considering what happened to its namesake then ;), Also I'm on the EU server , though we do have our share of a-holes (more on the horde side because ally side is more or less extinct).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n

User avatar
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 24892
Joined: 2004-01-02 07:04pm
Location: Industrial armpit of the US Midwest
Contact:

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Broomstick » 2016-09-22 07:30pm

I'm mostly on Thunderlord. I'm just not having as many issues as some of the rest of you. There is some ganking going on, but I get killed maybe once in an evening or afternoon of play even though it's a PvP realm. Quite a bit of cross-faction cooperation to take down some of the world baddies.

I'm thoroughly enjoying playing my Elemental Shaman - I've played her Elemental the whole time I've had her, 11 years at this point. It's a little weird having a fist weapon for her, but it's working so I'm not complaining.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice

User avatar
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 10381
Joined: 2004-05-20 02:23pm
Location: Zone:classified

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Lord Revan » 2016-09-22 07:41pm

Funny thing from what I've heard ganking is or at least used to be worse on PvE servers where the gankers could protect themselves from retribution (the act that is not the paladin spec) by hiding for 5 mins (what it takes for the PvP tag to clear) obviously with the changes to PvP tagging rules this has been reduced (as their favorite tactics don't work as well). For a time there was the habit of killing of NPCs on a low level town but fleeing if anyone within 40 levels from them came nearby (at max level that is) another was glitching themselve to place where players couldn't reach them and killing the auction house NPCs (easier for horde to do this but not impossible for allies either).

Been playing my fire mage mostly got her to 8k honored with the Nightfallen now so in theory I could do Arcway or Court of Stars.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n

User avatar
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3817
Joined: 2003-06-26 04:24pm
Location: Texas

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby TheFeniX » 2016-09-22 11:30pm

White Haven wrote:Hey, we're named after a famous demon lord. We've gotta channel that level of jackassery somewhere. Besides, I got ganked by one of you Nazjatar imports the other day, Enhancement Shaman named Gucci. Gotta hold a grudge; it's in the handbook.
If you're Alliance: Naz Horde are terrible in every way.

If you're Horde, Naz Alliance have seen some shit for more than a few years. Such as a low-pop Horde dominated server. Honestly don't see any Naz Horde anymore, but they were unprepared to deal with WPvP when they couldn't bring greater numbers. They used to gank non-stop out in Tol Barad (questing area) and the Molten Front, and they corpse camped constantly. They would wait until they either had numbers on you or till you were occupied, then they'd move in. I can't recall fighting many, if any, Naz Horde on equal footing. I used to watch them on my Rogue constantly. They were like Hyenas.

And kids complaining today about Tanks being OP have no idea. I used to run train on Horde in Cata, but they dominated all aspects out in the world. So, I find myself not all that concerned when they retaliate against any Horde. At least Manno Horde don't fucking corpse camp all day. Some will, but it's rare. Not like on Naz proper: those fuckers were going to camp you, no matter what.

Ah man... the days. Back when tanks were actually OP and Frost was overtuned. You needed that as Alliance just to get anything fucking done. After the nerfs hit, there was zero point to even going to Molten Front since I could not quest at all. It's why I never got the Mushroom Chair toy.

Manno Alliance Trade chat is liquid cancer. Horde chat is the same thing but they actually use it for more than just spam. I don't like Mannoroth much, but that's mainly because for more than a few weeks, it was nothing but "Nazjatards" this, that, whatever. It's eye-rolling.

Broomstick wrote:I'm thoroughly enjoying playing my Elemental Shaman - I've played her Elemental the whole time I've had her, 11 years at this point. It's a little weird having a fist weapon for her, but it's working so I'm not complaining.
Ele Shaman must pay the "Fun Tax." It's a fun spec to play, so it has to be terrible.

Lord Revan wrote:Funny thing from what I've heard ganking is or at least used to be worse on PvE servers where the gankers could protect themselves from retribution (the act that is not the paladin spec) by hiding for 5 mins (what it takes for the PvP tag to clear) obviously with the changes to PvP tagging rules this has been reduced (as their favorite tactics don't work as well). For a time there was the habit of killing of NPCs on a low level town but fleeing if anyone within 40 levels from them came nearby (at max level that is) another was glitching themselve to place where players couldn't reach them and killing the auction house NPCs (easier for horde to do this but not impossible for allies either).
That's just dodging repercussions. The real "it's worse" aspect of PvE servers was flagged players trying to bait other players into flagging by hanging around mobs, praying for an AOE from either the unflagged player or his/her pet.

I had some fun with this myself in SWTOR, though I was on a PvP server. So it's different. On Ilum (the max level PvP planet), there were some Faction questing areas. If I was bored, I would go out there and /walk around like an NPC, surrounded by a bunch of Republic NPCs. The Enemy Frames in that game weren't great. Got more than a few kills just letting them get reeeeeaaaal close. Was funny shit.

The best was just Force Pushing them into the one big ass group of Elites, then laughing.

User avatar
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 10381
Joined: 2004-05-20 02:23pm
Location: Zone:classified

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Lord Revan » 2016-09-23 12:14am

Well you would think of few words not commonly included in dictionaries when you were trying to access AH only to find every NPC dead (at least with SW you could head to IF no such luck in Org), really it is incredibly annoying to try level an alt or what ever to only find all the NPCs dead and you can't even relibly deal with person responsible as they flee if they noticed that a high level player is coming. Oh and it's annoying even when they're on your side since they brag about their accomplishments making it seem like they soloed a faction leader even though at most they raided Goldshire or Razor Hill and you can tell it too.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n

User avatar
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3817
Joined: 2003-06-26 04:24pm
Location: Texas

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby TheFeniX » 2016-09-23 02:08pm

Yea, there's no good reason Blizzard hasn't changed Quest/Vendor NPC being flagged on PvE servers. Even on PvP servers, there's no reason for "non-combatant" NPCs to be flagged. One quest-giving NPC in Westfall, which was is what lead you to the central quest hub in the area, is camped endlessly when content droughts come around.

I caught the Rogue doing it once out of stealth (I fucking love my Sap macro), and burned his ass down multiple times. He was actually just not geared at all, mostly SoO LFR gear, while I was in a full set of Honor Blues. But it didn't matter because he could spawn and one-shot the NPC. This was also a problem when "Classic Flying" was added to the game. 2 Horde Rogues camped the only vendor for hours. It got to the point, they would resurrect as soon as he spawned, kill him, then die again.

And that's the real problem with it. It's not that it happens, it's that due to mechanics of the game: it's impossible to fight. So there's is no "Hur Dur PvP solution" since Blizzard does very little the stop actual griefing.

Hit 110 on my DK, 5 more fucking Garrison Missions that take 24 hours a piece. I've cut them down to 12, but that doesn't matter since, whereas I can post on forums during a break, I'm not going to play at work, even to log for missions. But it's just 5 damn days of nothing to try and finish this out. My last class quest was at like 105. 4-5 levels of nothing, then "30 world quests (which is easy) and 5 Hall Missions." And until that's done and I complete the Order Hall Campaign, the iLvL reduction on my Artifact is terrible. I can probably still gear up to heroics: but I'm fucking melee, that ilvl is everything.

Maybe give me one of those quests to do each level? It was hilarious to hear the LK at like 106 say "Whitmane: dig her pretty ass out the ground and bring her to me....." and then nothing. Just a grey ! over Thassy. Amatuer gating attempts. This game is.... I would not play this game if I didn't have friends. I'm really over it in many ways. I did the questlines that were worth doing. Highmountain and Val'Shara are not even fun the first time through. I haven't even broken into Surumar city yet, but I had to go there for a prof quest. Those mobs are... holy shit, thank God for Blood spec immorality. I still procced Purgatory once which I can't even recall the last time that happened against regular PvE mobs.

User avatar
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 24892
Joined: 2004-01-02 07:04pm
Location: Industrial armpit of the US Midwest
Contact:

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Broomstick » 2016-09-23 02:19pm

You know, I'm still having fun.

You, on the other hand - if you hate this game so much why are you still playing it?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice

User avatar
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3817
Joined: 2003-06-26 04:24pm
Location: Texas

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby TheFeniX » 2016-09-23 02:58pm

Broomstick wrote:You, on the other hand - if you hate this game so much why are you still playing it?
TheFeniX wrote:This game is.... I would not play this game if I didn't have friends.
Rob just got back into the game after getting out of the hospital for another round of complications on his new lungs. He wanted to play Legion but he had no money. I bought him Legion because I like Rob. Gaming with Rob and Kyle is fun. So is gaming with the other people I know.

But as a Single-player, just get out and get my shit done, game shows it's shortcomings extremely quickly. And make no mistake, this is a single-player game for a lot of content: I can't enjoy class content in this game without being that class. Meanwhile, way back, I was able to help my buddy do his Totem quests for his Shaman. That's fun stuff. "Scenarios" went from 3-man content to "throw you into a solo instance so you're bored." I had this same beef with Isle of Thunder quests. It's dumb. At least SWTOR let you quest with friends 100% of the time and that game was a dumpster fire.

It's not even about hate. It's about Blizzard making choices that lead to boring gameplay. When a large part of your "Class Fantasy" boils down to "send your doods to do things while you do World Quests" it's not engaging to me. It was relatively ok for the first few days. But even the World Quests are just retreads of standard quests and killing "Rare" Mobs that you've definitely already killed once. Because everything Blizzard does has to be on the Diablo 3 difficulty retread shit now: Raids, Dungeons, and now quests.

Then there's the fact that this was the first expansion Blizzard seemed to want to make tanks "viable," and by that I mean "fun and engaging, rather than excruciating and slow." They did the same thing for healers. The spec I most enjoy in this game just took the most lazy and blantant nerf I've ever seen. The changes to Vengence in PvE and PvP to bring tanks in line weren't near this drastic, nor lazy in their implementation, and they made actual tweaks rather than flat nerfs. And this is all because a bunch of shitty DPS in both the PvE and PvP aspects of the game cried and cried and cried some more because they are bad players and don't like it rubbed in their face.

And if anyone at Blizzard looked at "make Tank DPS about 70-80% of DPS damage and still have them survivable enough to tank content" didn't think that would directly translate to "Overpowered" then they are morons because any idiot saw the same thing happening with vengeance. They let this shit pass through beta, I figured they'd be ok with it and just stick with the damage nerf. Holy shit was I wrong.

Also of note, if a Horde so much as breaks wind in my direction out in the world, my shards start healing for less as well, thus affecting even my PvE survivability against the Rare I would be tanking for his sorry ass. You eat a few cleaves even when not getting ganked in those situations. It's not fun, so it's Blizzard SOP. But part of DPS being dime a dozen means there's that many more to complain and brow-beat people who just want to have fun.

User avatar
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3817
Joined: 2003-06-26 04:24pm
Location: Texas

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby TheFeniX » 2016-09-24 12:38am

Wow, Blizzard actually posting relevant info on their own forums concerning the patch coming this Tuesday. I won't post the whole thing (no buffs for Fury Warrior.....) but look at this buff list for Frost DK and tell me they weren't in an incredibly shitty spot:
• Frost
o Remorseless Winter damage increased by 50%.
o Obliterate damage increased by 19%.
o Frost Strike damage increased by 12%.
o Howling Blast damage increased by 10%.
o Frostscythe (Talent) damage increased by 13%.
o Frozen Pulse (Talent) damage increased by 11%.
o Breath of Sindragosa (Talent) damage increased by 17%.

That buff list essentially revives a DOA spec. And honestly, I think the AOE buff to Remorseless Winter is a bit much since we already do solid AOE DPS. I didn't think we'd get anything but a gnawed bone thrown at Frost. But when you're wrong, you're wrong.

User avatar
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 10381
Joined: 2004-05-20 02:23pm
Location: Zone:classified

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Lord Revan » 2016-09-24 08:22am

I guess the mountain gnawned all the bones already so they had to give us something else ;) (if you ever done Deathwing's lair you know what I refer to there).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n

User avatar
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!
Posts: 3392
Joined: 2005-01-28 03:54am

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Civil War Man » 2016-09-24 09:38am

Suppose it's better than nothing, though it still doesn't address any of Frost's structural problems. Not the ones that have been introduced with this expansion, nor the ones that Blizzard has stubbornly refused to address for the past 6 years. Chances are, within a few months Frost will be right back where it started once the dread "lack of scaling" monster rears its ugly head again.

User avatar
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3817
Joined: 2003-06-26 04:24pm
Location: Texas

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby TheFeniX » 2016-09-24 12:53pm

You mean relying on 3 different RNG mechanics just to maintain bottom-tier DPS isn't intelligent or fun mechanic design? I've let that ship sail, Blizzard is just not going to fix Frost in any meaningful way. The playerbase complained loud and hard about how boring Howling Blarg was and Blizzard's response was to just break it and force people to go back to using OB, even though nothing about it fits with Frost.

Runic Empowerment has to be the worst of the worst, and a slap in the face with the removal of Blood Tap. The ability to just maintain our DPS is completely RNG because the class in now balanced around KM and Rime procs. If you don't get them, the class bottoms out completely. Meanwhile, back in Cata: a series of KM procs meant I could rip aggro off the main tank. Runic Emp: 25% chance to get a Rune, otherwise enjoy auto-attacking for 5 seconds if ERW is on CD.

Reading through the whole patchnotes would make me angry if I wasn't so used to Blizzard's amateur hour shit. They had like a year of Beta testing for this expansion, tons of feedback, and the classes went live in this state. If you're swinging 50%-70% nerfs and buffs a week after your first raid tier is released, you're a fucking failure at gameplay balance. Forums posters are pissed and they have every right to be.

I don't even touch my Havoc spec and it just got creamed because it had way to much cleave damage. Even though on ST fights, it was parsing middle of the road. Blizzard seems very very hostile toward AOE number padding this expansion. And considering where Frost DK just got it biggest buff.... I'm already awaiting a massive nerf. I'm sure it's already in there, just waiting for someone to copy the files over.

User avatar
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!
Posts: 3392
Joined: 2005-01-28 03:54am

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Civil War Man » 2016-09-24 10:40pm

TheFeniX wrote:You mean relying on 3 different RNG mechanics just to maintain bottom-tier DPS isn't intelligent or fun mechanic design? I've let that ship sail, Blizzard is just not going to fix Frost in any meaningful way. The playerbase complained loud and hard about how boring Howling Blarg was and Blizzard's response was to just break it and force people to go back to using OB, even though nothing about it fits with Frost.


I wasn't thinking as much about the RNG, but yeah, that too. In this case, I was specifically referring to Frost's low mobility (meaning less uptime on bosses) and lack of scaling, particularly with Obliterate. The theorycrafters at this point are just trying to determine when, not if, Frost will eventually drop Obliterate from their bars again. Because at some point there will be a level of Mastery where Frostscythe is a DPS gain even on single target and without Killing Machine, and Obliterate becomes such a major DPS loss that it's not even worth keeping around to fish for Rime procs.

Though on the topic of Killing Machine, it almost deserves a medal for how dumb it is in Legion. At least pre-Legion, all it did was make crit absolutely worthless. Now it's some Frankensteined monstrosity that increases the value of crit, but simultaneously decreases the value of itself as you get more crit. At low levels of crit, it's not going to proc reliably because you don't get enough critical hits. At high levels of crit, it procs more often, but you're probably going to get a bunch of Obliterate/Frostscythe crits anyway on account of having a naturally high crit chance.

It's too bad that the devs didn't listen, because beta testers and theorycrafters posted some absolutely beautiful suggestions that would have fixed a lot of Frost's mechanical problems without necessarily making the spec overpowered. Like giving Obliterate the Chaos Bolt treatment and having it deal additional Frost damage based on crit chance (increasing the value of crit and allowing Obliterate scale with Mastery).

One could probably make a joke that so much good feedback was ignored because the devs were too busy ignoring the good feedback from other classes.

User avatar
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3817
Joined: 2003-06-26 04:24pm
Location: Texas

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby TheFeniX » 2016-09-26 01:42pm

"Frost is supposed to feel strong when you're on target." A dev said something to that effect about the class. The lack of suvivability, mobility, utility: these are problems, but first and foremost, Frost needs to be able to do damage when it's on target. These buffs will half-ass accomplish that so at least some Frost DKs might not get auto-uninvited from groups.

But we can and have ranted at length about how bad Frost is. The "new" meta is going to be Matery and Crit until you can start to rely on Frost Scythe (FSc) crits (also, fuck Blizz for now making it confusing to use FS (Frost Strike) as an abbv/Acronym). The Mastery will then help both and the reliance on Crit will make those 4x FSc Crit bypass OB. But the spec is fundamentally broken, much like Ret is (more finisher damage), when the old "Holy Damage +++" worked and never made Ret a God, except in some super-specific PvP instances (you had wings up and WERE ACTUALLY IN MELEE RANGE*). For Frost, your "rotation" will once again get simpler as you gear up more because "Class Fantasy."

*Pop wings as Ret against any kind of "non-braindead" PvPer and let me know how many CCs you eat.

Frost DK is Blizzard's troll class, the changes to mobility really seal it. Seriously, there's no other explanation for it. Unholy still has mid-range pressure and DPS, so the lack of mobility is only painful. Wraith Walk is a hilarious spit in the face to Frost. You get stuck on random pieces of world geometry (unless you blow 15k gold on a glyph, thank god it's an early one, I've made mine on my 100 Scribe), you can instantly be rooted again, and even popping a cooldown so as to not waste a GCD while mucking about makes it fall off.

Even running around dungeons: you feel like the fat kid. 4 other players are at the next trash pull or boss and there you are "huff huff, hold on guys, For the.... huff... huff... I am the new... oh man, gonna barf... ok... no, I'm good.... I'm the new Lich King..... fear my......" Death Knight passes out. But every 5 minutes you get to be awesome, so there's that.

We're going to be in Pandas again: you'll be at a gear point at end of expansion with enough passive Haste, and Mastery/Crit you'll be a fairly solid DPS choice (lack of everything else aside). But at least Pandas had Frost DK useful at the start with the pre-launch buffs.

Moving on, I did the opening of Stormheim on my Belf Pally. That one asshole, the Rogue looking dead dood who's banging the Dark Lady. "Come along 'hero.'" I've never /spit on an NPC so much. I want to kill this guy. I, in fact, want to kill most of my own faction. I don't even like Greymane, mostly due to Blizzard's writing (attacking the Horde with a single ship, even in an ambush, was moronic), but if I had the option: I would totally have sided with him on the Stormbreaker. Give me Alliance Belfs or High Elves. Fuck.

DEATH KNIGHT/PALADIN ORDER HALL SPOILERS
Finished the DK OH campaign. So, we stage an attack on Light's Hope (again) to raise Fordring as a Horseman. We kill a bunch of Silver Hand and go 4 on 1 with Lady Liadrin. She gets spanked so hard, I think there should be a logo on the bottom of the screen. Then "The Light" kicks our asses to the curb because it knew how stupid this idea was.

So.... if I was a Paladin, I would totally be down with wiping out the Ebon Blade after that. Just like with Dead Lady Horde Leader: 3 Horsemen and the Class Lead for DKs just waged war on Paladins... and nothing is going to come of it because Blizzard doesn't care. Sidenote: We get kicked out of Light's Hope by a fucking Blood Elf. Paladins looking relevant. Can we at least get a token Dorf Pally? Those actually HAVE existed since Vanilla, even if Blizzard likes to ignore it.

Fucking Paladins man. We got Belf Pallys and now Moo-Cow Paladins dictating what an Alliance class which came into existence specifically to fight against the Horde genociding everyone is up to.
/SPOILERS

Honestly, I should be more mad about Thief Paladins (Belfs), but fucking Moo-Cow Paladins and whatever bullshit about The Sun worship whateveritdoesntmatterHordeneededmorepalliesthatweren'tprettyboys/girls really annoys me. Undead Hunters though. Only thing more comical. Wake up and your wolf pet is eating your liver.

User avatar
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 10381
Joined: 2004-05-20 02:23pm
Location: Zone:classified

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Lord Revan » 2016-09-26 06:32pm

Fenix you read anything but the cliff notes written by Grand Marshall Garithos about the Blood Knight storyline you'd know that now Lady Liadrin is probably more devout now then when she was a priestess before the fall of Quel'thalas, oh and that's due to the Draenei (or more accurately due to Prophet Valen) showing her and by extension other Blood Knights the error of their ways. Hell thanks to the restoration of the Sunwell and Liadrin becoming Warcraft equilevant of "born again christian" the modern Blood Knights are very different from their TBC counter parts or did you miss that Paladin who orginal was dead set at defiling Uther's tomb is now defending it. That said I agree that Tauren Paladins/priests have rather flimsy lore justification.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n

User avatar
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3817
Joined: 2003-06-26 04:24pm
Location: Texas

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby TheFeniX » 2016-09-26 07:31pm

As much shit as I give Pretty Boy and Valley Girl Paladins, I actually like Lady Liadrin quite a bit because at the least, she's interesting. But we are talking about the same Liadrin that tasked other Belf Pallies with desecrating the birthplace of the original Paladins to show the superiority of their stolen Light. Oh yea, and murdering the one guy left behind to protect it, because fuck him, right? This was mainly due to "butthurt" which Blood Elves and a lot of other Horde races are good at, but only a few specific Alliance NPCs are allowed. And they get fucking called on it instantly and it's called back to for years: Camp Taurho (SP, don't give fucks).

Back to the point: when Sunstrider steals their new magic Crack-Cocaine dispenser (M'uru) she goes begging to Velen for a new fix. And he helps her out because the man is a fucking Saint. This is after they've been sucking the life out of what his people view as Gods, and using that power to stomp other wielders of the Light. Now, Velen's been around lolfucks amount of time, so I expect him to be a lot more measured in his responses and understanding the big picture and how the Blood Knights could be powerful allies of the Light. AND M'uru was pretty swell about the whole thing anyways, but it doesn't excuse what she and the other Blood Knights pulled.

That they are allowed into Light's Hope at all shows an overwhelming amount of class by the Silver Hand.

But really, that's kind of a sticking point for a lot of Horde bullshit: "We done fucked up, but we got better. Sorry 'bout all the dead bodies. Won't happen again, until it happens again." Good thing for her buddies all the real Paladins have been sacrificing their lives for the betterment of Azeroth so the Belf Pallies can take center stage.

This is kind of a big beef about The Horde. And I'm reminded of it non-stop: everyone has to keep cleaning up their messes. Even after the ambush from the Skyfire (no idea where Stormbringer came from), you have to kill a bunch of abominations the Horde created when throwing around their chemical weapons. Because things aren't enough of a mess without the Forsaken poisoning everything.

And if I'm being too hard on the Horde, please tell Blizzard to stop reminding me how shitty they are every 5 seconds, even when I'm playing a Horde character.

User avatar
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3817
Joined: 2003-06-26 04:24pm
Location: Texas

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby TheFeniX » 2016-09-30 11:49am

The few spritzes of water we got on what is the Frost DK dumpster fire..... I don't think it really did much to even dig the corpse out of the ground, so I was wrong. Of issue right now is with the current buffs to a lot of DPS classes and the nerfs to tank damage across the board: DKs as a class have been hit pretty hard. The buffs to Frost just didn't cut it due to, like we talked about, core mechanics issues. Since Blood is a Damage tank and was already spikey in intake, the nerfs to tanks hit them hard. Unholy is in a better spot, but they were already middle of the pack DPS and the buff/nerf wave totally missed them. This means now that specs who got actual buffs have surpassed it. It seems to only be beating out Fury Warrior and Elemenal Shaman.

Every 5 minutes, if you got the Artifact talent Sindragosa's Fury (why wouldn't you dive you that?), you get to put up incredible numbers on adds. Then it's right back to bottom of the barrel.

It's sad because all those specs are fun. I've finally put some time into Unholy and it's sort of a blast if a little slow on the uptake. Like, some Demon Hunter opened on me while I was killing a beefy mob during a WQ. I had 8 stacks of Festering on the mob. Pop Artifact power: BAM 8 Ghouls. Pop Army: MORE GHOULS!. I'm at full RP and the mob just died: Pop Dark Arbiter on the DH, Chains of Ice, Kite with Death Coils. I also had Koltira as my Bodyguard and I've specced into AWS (so I get two perma-ghouls)

And there's just this mass of rotten flesh beating on this undergeared DH. I think he lost me in the confusion. Last I saw him, he was running up a hill with a mountain of mobs on him. Was quite hilarious. After a few seconds, I see "HK:Scout" pop up on my screen. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Elemental is all Lightning Bolts, Flame Shocks. You feel like a Shaman. Then you pop Ascendance and it's Lava Burst spam and you feel like a badass. Fury Warrior is this whirlwind of death. Even Demonolgy Warlock is fun with Demons essentially used as spells. I don't know why people hate it so much. But, it's a shame most of the specs suck for doing any kind of real content. Once again, glad I'm not raiding. I supposed I could run Havoc DH, but I hate how you're either flipping around all the time or you use the auto-attack build.

So, the only Tank capable character I had to level with Robs Warrior (he refuses to tank... he also was running fury with a single-weapon till I crafted him a 640) was my Resto Druid. Luckily, the Fel gear from Invasion is all stats and I bought the AGL staff from the Order Hall vendor. I was nervous going in, but then it was all RAWR, RAWR, RAWR, RAWR RAAAAWR! and everything died. Only down side is you can't hear a fucking thing other than RAWR!

Hilarious too that Druids are mega-brain dead. Two Rage spenders: One to increase armor, one to reduce magic damage. This dev team isn't even trying.

Another story time: 61 Warlock, 60 DK. Rob's like "imma quest in Hellfire." Why would you do that? WTF Rob? I go out there with him because I'm a nice guy. He didn't buy flying, I of course sent money to my alt and bought flying. Robs trying to turn in the start quest. Gets ganked. All the NPC get killed. Rob can't turn in his quest. I had turned in the starter earlier for giggles. We wait 7 minutes, NPCs have still not respawned.

We do a dungeon, get back out, NPCs are back. Rob gets the two quests. We go do the one in the East. We kill all the mobs, but the big one is nowhere to be found. I fly around for 15 fucking minutes, mob will not respawn. We drop quest and go to the other series to the North. Quest givers are dead. The killer was taken out by 110 Alliance. We wait for the NPCs to respawn while in a dungeon queue. They never respawn, we do another dungeon, come back out, NPCs are still dead. I mount up and fly away because I know where I am. Rob stands around and gets ganked.

After all these years, I can only assume Blizzard won't fix Hellfire because they like to think of it as a throwback to "better times" even though the entire zone is a textbook in poor design.

User avatar
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 24892
Joined: 2004-01-02 07:04pm
Location: Industrial armpit of the US Midwest
Contact:

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Broomstick » 2016-09-30 01:25pm

Meanwhile... I'm tickled pink to discover that dragons can take a humanoid form other than just Human or Elf. Nice twist to the local zone questline.

I'm still having a great time. Should hit 110 on the shaman today.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice

User avatar
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 10381
Joined: 2004-05-20 02:23pm
Location: Zone:classified

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Lord Revan » 2016-10-01 02:04am

Broomstick wrote:Meanwhile... I'm tickled pink to discover that dragons can take a humanoid form other than just Human or Elf. Nice twist to the local zone questline.

I'm still having a great time. Should hit 110 on the shaman today.

you hadn't heard of Chromie before, I mean she's one the more famous dragons (bronze in her case) and her preferred form is that of a female gnome, there's also a red dragon who takes the form of an orc for disguise, though I suspect you were referring to to Spoiler
Ebsyssian/Ebonhorn


I suspect that humans and elves are the most common preffered form largely due to them being the most prominent spell casters in Azeroth.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n