World of Tanks (new thread)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Post by Vendetta »

Your prayers to Stalin have obviously not been sincere enough.

If you have faith, he will guide the shells of your BL-10 into the ammo racks of your enemies.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

How do you kill a KV-1?

Trick question, you can't kill a KV-1, they come from your nightmares, sent by Stalin to end you.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Vendetta wrote:How do you kill a KV-1?
"Quickly" -- The Brits

;)
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Vendetta wrote:How do you kill a KV-1?

Trick question, you can't kill a KV-1, they come from your nightmares, sent by Stalin to end you.
By driving one and aiming rather than snap shotting.
lordroel
Redshirt

Post by lordroel »

Somehow i am on a mission to get myself the Gup exclusive Panzer on the PS4, but i am not good in the game.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The GuP is pretty easy to get. 20000XP in a Panzer 4 H isn't even enough to elite it.
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Yep, wot uninstalled for a myriad of reasons.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Zwinmar wrote:Yep, wot uninstalled for a myriad of reasons.
Care to share? I haven't played in a couple months so I may just get rid of it for efficiency reasons...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

I really do not like the direction the game is going. I have watched the streamers and youtubers and from what I see it is becoming more tweaker based, and as a result I know there is no way I can possibly keep up with that. This is compounded by the mid tiers becoming a derpfest by the introduction of the Japanese heavies and the general power creep. Throw in artillery and Wargamings inability and lack of desire to actually fix the game and it has become unplayable to me.

The power-creep especially really bothers me as it makes heavies obsolete including the one I spent actual cash on, IS6. After almost eleven thousand battles I have had enough of it, it is not worth investing any more time and money into a corporation which can not even be assed-out to actually play their own game let alone listen to their player base.

Yeah, a bit of bitching there, sorry. While I realize I was only average, at best, I see no point of keeping a game on my computer that I have no desire to play.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

The meta will keep changing, but certainly the trend seems to be towards competitive, tweaker-style (or at least aggressive-favouring) premium vehicles - the CDC and Pz 58 being the most obvious examples of alarmingly fragile tanks that punish wallet warriors and only really reward skilled players.

Artillery is an absolute mess - the shakeup of Armoured Warfare holds some hope, but realistically we have to resign ourselves to SPGs being ponderous and shitty and power creep leaving peoples' real-money investments behind.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

I have a Ram-II and a T-14 in my garage. I know your power creep pain. It's why I only play WoT in small amounts anymore.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

For anyone who only plays occasionally - they've just updated the sounds to "definitely not cribbbed straight from Armored Warfare", and the driving physics. Much more immersive.

Also, the current rentals (AMX CDC and WZ-111) are great.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

I'm working on getting my first tier X medium tank. I got a fully upgraded Leopard PTA, WZ-120 and Centurion 7/1 so I can go for the Leopard I, 121 and Centurion AX but still sitting on the fence which one. Leopard I should fully replace the PTA but I'll probably keep the WZ-120 and Centurion because I enjoy these tanks. The 121 seems like a beast, but I get mixed feedback from the AX.
(I also have a fully upgraded T-54 but I think that tier for tier, it's probably better than its tier 10 follow-ups so I'm not really in thinking to get the upgrade)
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

From what I understand the AX is basically a faster, shooter 7/1. Nice to have the diversity of choices!
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

I've actually completely switched over to Armored Warfare. The tanks are cooler, there's fun PvE when I (quickly) get tired of PvP, the game itself is more flexible, and tanks don't become invisible in the middle of an open field because "lolcamo."

Also, MBT's can MBT. In that if you try taking one from the front, good luck penetrating. Although that might be changing, since all the screaming WoT kiddies, used to having their hands held, are bitching about how MBT's have no easily identifiable weak spots on the front and Obsidian seems to be taking them seriously for some idiotic reason. Because flanking is hard, I guess.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Most of the high tier MBTs have basically a few pixels of weak spot on the front, but actually they're pretty similar in most cases. Either the driver's periscope (Ariete, Challenger*) or the armour seam directly below it (Abrams, Leopard). T-90MS is the triangle bit in the lower plate.

* Also a huge armour hole in the gunner's sight, vulnerable in PvP but AI will never shoot at it so basically godmode in PvE.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Just saving the day in a Luchs.
matterbeam
Youngling

Post by matterbeam »

I quit WoT for about a year, only updating or playing about 1 match per month on average.

With the latest 9.14, I'm finding it quite fun again. I'm ashamed to admit it, but the combination of improved sounds, more realistic movement, extremely smooth 60fps and lower tiers has brought me back to regularly play.

I'm nowhere near to my previous 1 hour per day, but I can fit in about 3 hours a week.
Google + : matterbeamTSF

Hard SF blog: ToughSF

MetaSeed: Worldbuilding and Game Design discussion
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I'ma just leave this here. :mrgreen:

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

The 5x xp weekend was nice and with the reduced prices I'm now broke but the proud owner of two shiny new tier X tanks (Centurion AX and Leopard I).
Next in line, the tier 9 AMX 30 and the tier X 121. I'll miss my T-34-1 but I'll need its crew and there's no way I'm gonna sell the mighty WZ-120.
Also sold the awful Chi-Ri to buy an awful stock STA-1 (but should be good when upgraded). And if I ever have enough money again, I'll probably buy the T37 and IS again because I had good memories with playing these.

PS. Any thoughts on the M103? Love it or hate it?
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

for the 103 get to the 120mm as soon as possible, tier 9 is hell with the 105mm.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

I decided to shell out on a Tier VIII money-maker that's a bit more durable (emphasis on "a bit") than my AMX CDC - as much as I love it, it's hard to get the kind of profit you want from playing a top Prem vehicle when you're not 110% on the ball in that glass cannon.

This being about my 6th game in the STA-2, with an 85% crew, I'm fairly happy :D.

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Did you not already have a Japanese medium crew?

If you get to the higher tier mediums on their line they're pretty damn good.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Vendetta wrote:Did you not already have a Japanese medium crew?

If you get to the higher tier mediums on their line they're pretty damn good.
That was my Japanese medium crew, sadly. I have the Tier IV and was too cheap to gold a crew that would only spend a few weeks in the tank.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Ah well, at least when you get to the proper tanks in the line you can get them to 100% faster each time.