World of Tanks (new thread)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

User avatar
Venator
Jedi Knight
Posts: 847
Joined: 2008-04-23 10:49pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby Venator » 2017-03-15 08:53pm

wautd wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:Decided to take my much-maligned meta tester tank out for a spin today, and lo, I am become death, destroyer of armor. :razz:


I never understood the hate for that tank. Sure, it's not great but we've had far, far worse free tanks garage slots since then.


Beta awards are bound to be better than the throwaway participation-award tanks you get for happening to log on during the holidays. The Arkansas Beta is an absolute BEAST in WoWS, complete lack of AA notwithstanding.

I'm doing the daily missions for the new tier 8 premium tank (named T25 something?) which does looks pretty nice. And in contrast with the T-34-100* marathon, the missions actually seem doable (so far).

(*although I'm glad I chipped in to get that tank anyway. It's an awesome medium tank).


Leaving for Japan on the 28th. Of course they bring out a doable marathon when I have no realistic way of doing it D:.

User avatar
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 7876
Joined: 2004-04-10 06:10pm
Location: Drone HQ, Pennsylvania, USA

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby FSTargetDrone » 2017-03-27 02:48am

wautd wrote:I'm doing the daily missions for the new tier 8 premium tank (named T25 something?) which does looks pretty nice. And in contrast with the T-34-100* marathon, the missions actually seem doable (so far).


Well, I got the first 6 or 7 days of the T25 Pilot 1 missions done without issue, but then but a bad streak and of course the missions become more involved and I just couldn't get it done having missed too many days/had too many frustrating hours of missions.

I also picked up the premium Strv S1 and even though I watched some test server reviews of this vehicle beforehand and (thought) I knew what I was getting into, I'm having a hell of a time with it. Some map it's practically useless (dense cities--much like arty) and you really need to be in the right team to fight it to good effect.

I've had 1 or 2 wins where I actually get a kill and survive, but then there are extremely frustrating results like this:

Image
Image

Droning on and on before it was fashionable.

User avatar
wautd
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 7199
Joined: 2004-02-11 10:11am
Location: Intensive care

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby wautd » 2017-03-27 07:31am

FSTargetDrone wrote:
wautd wrote:I'm doing the daily missions for the new tier 8 premium tank (named T25 something?) which does looks pretty nice. And in contrast with the T-34-100* marathon, the missions actually seem doable (so far).


Well, I got the first 6 or 7 days of the T25 Pilot 1 missions done without issue, but then but a bad streak and of course the missions become more involved and I just couldn't get it done having missed too many days/had too many frustrating hours of missions.


I got 8 of 13. I bought the final 5 tokens because the price still seemed fair for a decent premium tier 8 medium.
Sadly, the garage interface is fubar since the last update so I havn't played since.

User avatar
Venator
Jedi Knight
Posts: 847
Joined: 2008-04-23 10:49pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby Venator » 2017-04-11 10:21am

Actual patch bug or a nasty interaction with a modpack? I've never had UI instability after doing a mod folder clean.

User avatar
The Infidel
Padawan Learner
Posts: 444
Joined: 2009-05-07 01:32pm
Location: Norway

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby The Infidel » 2017-04-14 04:53pm

Weird! After the new update, the game refuses to load. I get to the intro screen, then click the "play" button. The intro screen vanishes and then nothing. No WoT, no process regarding WoT running no nothing at all. Nada!

Anybody else had the same problem?
It is very difficult to believe in a god when some people are never struck by lightning.

"The world language is English as spoken by foreigners." -Kristen Nygaard

User avatar
wautd
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 7199
Joined: 2004-02-11 10:11am
Location: Intensive care

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby wautd » 2017-04-16 04:44am

The Infidel wrote:Weird! After the new update, the game refuses to load. I get to the intro screen, then click the "play" button. The intro screen vanishes and then nothing. No WoT, no process regarding WoT running no nothing at all. Nada!

Anybody else had the same problem?


No problem here. Do you have XVM installed? If so, I'd reinstall it as it could cause some glitches after a new patch.

User avatar
The Infidel
Padawan Learner
Posts: 444
Joined: 2009-05-07 01:32pm
Location: Norway

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby The Infidel » 2017-04-21 05:57am

wautd wrote:
The Infidel wrote:Weird! After the new update, the game refuses to load. I get to the intro screen, then click the "play" button. The intro screen vanishes and then nothing. No WoT, no process regarding WoT running no nothing at all. Nada!

Anybody else had the same problem?


No problem here. Do you have XVM installed? If so, I'd reinstall it as it could cause some glitches after a new patch.

Nope. I have no mods at all now. Maybe I'll try to reinstall the game. I play mostly Elite Dangerous these days, but like WoT when I only want a 5 minute break.
It is very difficult to believe in a god when some people are never struck by lightning.

"The world language is English as spoken by foreigners." -Kristen Nygaard

Marko Dash
Jedi Knight
Posts: 563
Joined: 2006-01-29 03:42am
Location: south carolina, USA
Contact:

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby Marko Dash » 2017-04-22 06:30am

i have that happen every once in awhile even without any mods. usually a PC restart solves it, if not deleting the WoT preferences file does.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?

User avatar
Argosh
Jedi Knight
Posts: 783
Joined: 2005-01-08 12:33pm

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby Argosh » 2017-04-23 12:24am

NA people, how does 9.18 feel?
--
If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Marko Dash
Jedi Knight
Posts: 563
Joined: 2006-01-29 03:42am
Location: south carolina, USA
Contact:

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby Marko Dash » 2017-04-23 04:43am

on the whole, i like it.

mostly because the arty changes put arty more in line with what i've wanted, a big splash support weapon instead of a random 'boom there goes 3/4 your health' role of the dice.

the mm changes also seems to be a good thing more bottom and mid tier emphasis means there's more tanks you can actually fight, while letting the lucky few bastards at the top of the list still feel like they won the lottery.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?

User avatar
The Infidel
Padawan Learner
Posts: 444
Joined: 2009-05-07 01:32pm
Location: Norway

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby The Infidel » 2017-04-24 02:38pm

The Infidel wrote:
wautd wrote:
The Infidel wrote:Weird! After the new update, the game refuses to load. I get to the intro screen, then click the "play" button. The intro screen vanishes and then nothing. No WoT, no process regarding WoT running no nothing at all. Nada!

Anybody else had the same problem?


No problem here. Do you have XVM installed? If so, I'd reinstall it as it could cause some glitches after a new patch.

Nope. I have no mods at all now. Maybe I'll try to reinstall the game. I play mostly Elite Dangerous these days, but like WoT when I only want a 5 minute break.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game worked fine.
It is very difficult to believe in a god when some people are never struck by lightning.

"The world language is English as spoken by foreigners." -Kristen Nygaard

User avatar
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz
Posts: 12960
Joined: 2003-02-13 03:21pm
Location: Tysons Corner Microwave Tower
Contact:

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby Lonestar » 2017-04-26 03:44pm

Fired it up for the first time in forever because of the premium deal since it carries over to WoWs

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announ ... cial-gift/

man I suck lol with my Tier 3/2 tanks lol
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."


Return to “Gaming, Electronics and Computers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests