World of Tanks (new thread)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Venator
Jedi Knight

Re: World of Tanks (new thread)

Postby Venator » 2017-03-15 08:53pm

wautd wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:Decided to take my much-maligned meta tester tank out for a spin today, and lo, I am become death, destroyer of armor. :razz:

I never understood the hate for that tank. Sure, it's not great but we've had far, far worse free tanks garage slots since then.

Beta awards are bound to be better than the throwaway participation-award tanks you get for happening to log on during the holidays. The Arkansas Beta is an absolute BEAST in WoWS, complete lack of AA notwithstanding.

I'm doing the daily missions for the new tier 8 premium tank (named T25 something?) which does looks pretty nice. And in contrast with the T-34-100* marathon, the missions actually seem doable (so far).

(*although I'm glad I chipped in to get that tank anyway. It's an awesome medium tank).

Leaving for Japan on the 28th. Of course they bring out a doable marathon when I have no realistic way of doing it D:.

FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Postby FSTargetDrone » 2017-03-27 02:48am

wautd wrote:I'm doing the daily missions for the new tier 8 premium tank (named T25 something?) which does looks pretty nice. And in contrast with the T-34-100* marathon, the missions actually seem doable (so far).

Well, I got the first 6 or 7 days of the T25 Pilot 1 missions done without issue, but then but a bad streak and of course the missions become more involved and I just couldn't get it done having missed too many days/had too many frustrating hours of missions.

I also picked up the premium Strv S1 and even though I watched some test server reviews of this vehicle beforehand and (thought) I knew what I was getting into, I'm having a hell of a time with it. Some map it's practically useless (dense cities--much like arty) and you really need to be in the right team to fight it to good effect.

I've had 1 or 2 wins where I actually get a kill and survive, but then there are extremely frustrating results like this:

Droning on and on before it was fashionable.

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Postby wautd » 2017-03-27 07:31am

FSTargetDrone wrote:
wautd wrote:I'm doing the daily missions for the new tier 8 premium tank (named T25 something?) which does looks pretty nice. And in contrast with the T-34-100* marathon, the missions actually seem doable (so far).

Well, I got the first 6 or 7 days of the T25 Pilot 1 missions done without issue, but then but a bad streak and of course the missions become more involved and I just couldn't get it done having missed too many days/had too many frustrating hours of missions.

I got 8 of 13. I bought the final 5 tokens because the price still seemed fair for a decent premium tier 8 medium.
Sadly, the garage interface is fubar since the last update so I havn't played since.

Venator
Jedi Knight

Postby Venator » 2017-04-11 10:21am

Actual patch bug or a nasty interaction with a modpack? I've never had UI instability after doing a mod folder clean.

The Infidel
Padawan Learner

Postby The Infidel » 2017-04-14 04:53pm

Weird! After the new update, the game refuses to load. I get to the intro screen, then click the "play" button. The intro screen vanishes and then nothing. No WoT, no process regarding WoT running no nothing at all. Nada!

Anybody else had the same problem?
It is very difficult to believe in a god when some people are never struck by lightning.

"The world language is English as spoken by foreigners." -Kristen Nygaard

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Postby wautd » 2017-04-16 04:44am

The Infidel wrote:Weird! After the new update, the game refuses to load. I get to the intro screen, then click the "play" button. The intro screen vanishes and then nothing. No WoT, no process regarding WoT running no nothing at all. Nada!

No problem here. Do you have XVM installed? If so, I'd reinstall it as it could cause some glitches after a new patch.

The Infidel
Padawan Learner

Postby The Infidel » 2017-04-21 05:57am

wautd wrote:
The Infidel wrote:Weird! After the new update, the game refuses to load. I get to the intro screen, then click the "play" button. The intro screen vanishes and then nothing. No WoT, no process regarding WoT running no nothing at all. Nada!

No problem here. Do you have XVM installed? If so, I'd reinstall it as it could cause some glitches after a new patch.

Nope. I have no mods at all now. Maybe I'll try to reinstall the game. I play mostly Elite Dangerous these days, but like WoT when I only want a 5 minute break.
It is very difficult to believe in a god when some people are never struck by lightning.

Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Postby Marko Dash » 2017-04-22 06:30am

i have that happen every once in awhile even without any mods. usually a PC restart solves it, if not deleting the WoT preferences file does.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?

Argosh
Jedi Knight

Postby Argosh » 2017-04-23 12:24am

NA people, how does 9.18 feel?
--
If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Postby Marko Dash » 2017-04-23 04:43am

on the whole, i like it.

mostly because the arty changes put arty more in line with what i've wanted, a big splash support weapon instead of a random 'boom there goes 3/4 your health' role of the dice.

the mm changes also seems to be a good thing more bottom and mid tier emphasis means there's more tanks you can actually fight, while letting the lucky few bastards at the top of the list still feel like they won the lottery.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?

The Infidel
Padawan Learner

Postby The Infidel » 2017-04-24 02:38pm

The Infidel wrote:
wautd wrote:

Nope. I have no mods at all now. Maybe I'll try to reinstall the game. I play mostly Elite Dangerous these days, but like WoT when I only want a 5 minute break.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game worked fine.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Postby Lonestar » 2017-04-26 03:44pm

Fired it up for the first time in forever because of the premium deal since it carries over to WoWs

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announ ... cial-gift/

man I suck lol with my Tier 3/2 tanks lol
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Return to “Gaming, Electronics and Computers”