Need to replace router.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Need to replace router.

Post by Enigma »

I've always bought Linksys routers and my current one (WRT54G) is beginning to cause some problems. Soooo, need to get another one this week coming up. From what I understand from this board is that in newer routers Cisco can access a customer's router. I really don't like that so I am looking for a router that isn't from Cisco. I want one that is a wireless\wired combo router. What are good and reliable ones?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Re: Need to replace router.

Post by LaCroix »

Had the same router, it died recently, too. Replaced it with a TP-Link ARcher C2 AC 750. Lot's of bang for the buck. The Dual wifi means that I can even have an guest wifi that is seperate from the rest of the network.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
aawelj
Redshirt

Post by aawelj »

I can recommend anything from Fritzbox. They are expensive but they will do anything you might want, I haven't heard of any security issues and they provide regular firmware updates. I've had two over the last 10 years and I've never had any problems with reliability.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

LaCroix wrote:Had the same router, it died recently, too. Replaced it with a TP-Link ARcher C2 AC 750. Lot's of bang for the buck. The Dual wifi means that I can even have an guest wifi that is seperate from the rest of the network.

I'll get it this Friday at the nearest Microcenter. They've sell it for $55. Looks nice too. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

I've always like Dlink routers. Never had any real serious issues with them and the price was right. But T-link routers are also good.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!