wierd graphics card driver issue

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

wierd graphics card driver issue

Post by Lord Revan »

I was just installing a driver update on my graphics card and it went mostly fine until started installing something called a "3D vision" driver and it just stopped totally, am I just being impatient or is this something more serious?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: wierd graphics card driver issue

Post by Borgholio »

Was it Nvidia? You can choose to not install that portion of the driver package.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

The Nvidia experience sometimes isn't the best out there. I've had issue with the installer even when things went fine.

I'd open up the Experience and check for an update. This will tell you the current version of the driver package you have installed vs the most current available. If they all match, you're good to go. If you don't know what 3D vision is, you probably aren't using it anyway.

Worst case, you can always uninstall your driver and re-install.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

You will probably not notice a difference (probably not even if you do use a stereoscopic 3d application). In fact, it probably didn't even have an update for that part of the driver, it usually doesn't.

(Mine also hung at that point, I just killed the installer).