Issue with Medieval Total War

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Issue with Medieval Total War

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

So I picked this up on Steam earlier today, and I'm battling my way through the campaign and thoroughly enjoying myself. Only catch is, I've reached 1128 or so and every time I try and attack another player, the game crashes to desktop when I click End Year and the AI is thinking. Doesn't happen anywhere near as much when I don't attack, or only attack one province at a time.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Or is my PC telling me I should be a pacifist?
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Re: Issue with Medieval Total War

Post by bilateralrope »

That sounds like a pretty game breaking bug. Have you considered getting a refund ?
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

I've considered it. But I'd prefer to get it fixed because I've been hunting for this game for a couple years.

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

In truly bizarre fashion, this bug seems both a) common and b) unique to the new Steam version. However it is solved by increasing the resolution of the strategic and battle maps to match you own screen resolution rather than leaving it at the standard setting.