Deus Ex: Mankind Divided early 2016

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

dragon
Sith Marauder

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided early 2016

Post by dragon »

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is set for release in "early 2016," announced David Anfossi, studio head at developer Eidos Montreal, announced today during Square Enix's E3 press briefing.

Anfossi introduced Mankind Divided's first gameplay trailer, which you can watch above.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, a sequel to 2011's Deus Ex: Human Revolution, was announced in April on the cover of Game Informer. It is in development for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. You can check out the debut trailer below.
link

gameplay

"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Benny the Ball
Redshirt

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided early 2016

Post by Benny the Ball »

"I won't let it happen again." Considering the plot of Deus Ex, he's in for a major disappointment. :P

So judging by the shot of Adam floating in the ocean amongst debris, not only is Human Revolution's "destroy Panchaea" ending apparently canon, but he apparently somehow survived it against all odds even though the ending gave every indication that he'd die along with everyone else there...I'm starting to think that Adam Jensen is one of those protagonists that's simply too cool/profitable to kill off, and that if Eidos ever gets tasked with remaking the original Deus Ex they'll find some way to retcon him into the game.

I've also seen some talk about there being random female enemies in the game. I hope that's true, as every single mook being male in Human Revolution was rather bizarre and downright offensive (I wonder if Belltower HQ has a big "No Girls Allowed" sign hanging over its main entrance, and if the Detroit Police Department only uses female cops to pose as undercover prostitutes), especially coming after the highly gender-equal Invisible War (one of its few saving graces). Now if only they can also avoid any more distasteful bullshit like that asinine developer bondage fantasy "Hyron Project" it should be golden.
KroLazuxy_87
Padawan Learner

Post by KroLazuxy_87 »

gameinformer has had some good coverage on the game (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/deusex.aspx)

I'm too lazy to go digging through my back issues, but IIRC, they've said there will be more variation in the enemies (including women). The article(s) also detailed how the developers went into Human Revolution not thinking of possible sequels. They wanted to make the best game they could and had no designs on starting a series. Given their success, now they're heading into development with a multiple game arc in mind.
To criticize a person for their race is manifestly irrational and ridiculous, but to criticize their religion, that is a right. That is a freedom. The freedom to criticize ideas, any ideas - even if they are sincerely held beliefs - is one of the fundamental freedoms of society. A law which attempts to say you can criticize and ridicule ideas as long as they are not religious ideas is a very peculiar law indeed. -Rowan Atkinson
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Honestly, it's in their best interests as a story to forget about the original Deus Ex's canon (which was also standalone just to smack all the conspiracy plots into a game), and just make something new. This emphasis on augmented society is already a substantial deviation, which is a good thing.
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh-iX2bxOjI[/youtube]

25 mins of demo.
Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Anacronian wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh-iX2bxOjI[/youtube]

25 mins of demo.
I see they are going down the Human Revolution route of awarding more XP for non-lethal play. Which was the less fun option in HR, and is likely the less fun option here.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

It's a shame nobody seems to have taken the lesson of separate-and-different rewards from Alpha Protocol. Run around killing everyone in sight? Get perks that make you better at killing people. Pick all the locks? Get better at picking locks, or more benefits from doing so. Leave people unconscious but alive? Get perks that make that easier to do. Hate the hacking minigame and keep using EMP grenades to bypass it? Get more/better EMP grenades so you can avoid the hacking minigame more often and more easily.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Or just have the only XP rewards being for completing mission objectives.