Final Fantasy 7 Remake

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Post by tezunegari »

"At last, the promise has been made..."

Hell yeah.

And it's "Play First" instead of "Exclusively on PS4" so there might be a PC version too.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Post by TheFeniX »

Squeenix should really just be making movie trailers at this point. From what I've read, they're completely redoing the assets from the game. Had to happen considering the 2D environments and locked camera fooling you into thinking you were in a 3D space. Not exactly surprising. Looks like the ridiculous proportions are out (and no, I'm not just talking about Tifa).

As Squeenix localizations have improved dramatically over the years, a lot of the hilarity WRT translation fails is likely out. As is Barret's sometimes hilarious sometimes insulting characterization.

That said, hype for FFXV is dead at this point. No one cares: it's all about FFVII now. Honestly would have preferred to see FFVI completely redone on a modern platform, but that's unlikely to happen. Until FF representation on PC is better (read: never), I'll have to pass. A game I've beaten multiple times isn't worth a PS4, nor do I bother with the wife's XBone.

Because I can:

"But I have Lakers tickets!"
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

This is not a good sign:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Director Didn't Know He Was in Charge of Project
Tetsuya Nomura was oblivious until seeing internal presentation.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake director Tetsuya Nomura only realised he was in charge of the project when he saw his name in an internal presentation during the early stages of the project's inception.

Speaking in an interview with Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, as reported by Kotaku, Nomura recalled being approached by Square Enix executive Shinji Hashimoto about a new project.

"Mr. Hashimoto was involved with the advertising and marketing of the original, so like [Mr. Kitase and myself], VII has a strong place in his heart," Nomura explained.

"As preproduction went along and I offered my opinions on what I thought should be done, Mr. [Yoshinori Kitase, director of the original] would ask me how the individual elements should be adjusted in fine detail. It was very perplexing."

It wasn't until Nomura checked an internal company presentation that he realised he was director.

This came as a shock to Nomura. He is currently busy directing Kingdom Hearts 3, which doesn't have a release date.

"So I called up Mr. Kitase and said, 'It says that I’m the director for some reason.' To which he replied, 'Of course it does'’" Nomura added.

Adam Boyes, VP of developer relations at PlayStation, revealed that the long-awaited remake of Final Fantasy VII during Sony's E3 press conference.

A CG trailer showed Cloud and Barret walking through the slums of Midgar. It also confirmed Tetsuya Nomura would be directing the remake, with scenario writer Kazuhige Nojima and producer Yoshinori Kitase also contributing.

In an interview with GameSpot, Nomura indicated that the story in the remake might deviate from the one set out in the original, suggesting the remake may be more of a reimagining.

“We’ve announced a HD port version on the PlayStation 4, and then we have the remake coming to PS4,” Nomura said through a translator.

“You’ll have this extremely, very, very pretty FFVII existing on the same plane. We feel that if that happens, it’s like, why have the same exact game?

“We think that if a game is on a certain platform and that platform becomes obsolete, then we’d recommend playing the new port version,” he added.
How badly organised do they have to be for the Director to not know that he's the Director ?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

They'd better not screw KHIII up for this shit. :evil: :evil:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED