They are remaking Decent!

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

They are remaking Decent!

Post by Borgholio »

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/09/desc ... 6435610103

Holy shit. I just had flashbacks to when I was 16. This...is going to be epic.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Re: They are remaking Decent!

Post by Elheru Aran »

Huh. That should be fun. It'll probably break my computer, but it should be fun. No way am I going to even try Oculus Rifting that thing though. It was bad enough on an old 16" CRT back in the 90s...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

It was bad enough on an old 16" CRT back in the 90s...
I was stuck with a 14" so you were lucky. :) Although I know big screens got some people sick with that game...
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Borgholio wrote:
It was bad enough on an old 16" CRT back in the 90s...
I was stuck with a 14" so you were lucky. :) Although I know big screens got some people sick with that game...
People getting sick on big screens sounds like the FOV was too low for those larger screens.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

It´s a perfect title for seated VR and it appears that they ´ve allready got a working VR Demo.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

I actually played this in a virtual cockpit back when internet gaming cafes were the rage in the 90's. It was quite fun.
Cykeisme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cykeisme »

Loved the first and second games.

The high-poly Pyro GX model they're showing here.. that, alone, has me sold.
"..history has shown the best defense against heavy cavalry are pikemen, so aircraft should mount lances on their noses and fly in tight squares to fend off bombers". - RedImperator

"ha ha, raping puppies is FUN!" - Johonebesus

"It would just be Unicron with pew pew instead of nom nom". - Vendetta, explaining his justified disinterest in the idea of the movie Allspark affecting the Death Star
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Yeah it was pretty slick. I also noticed they had a second design of ship too...
Cykeisme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cykeisme »

The article wrote:The new Descent: Underground will feature all of the modern bells and whistles that Peterson's kids expect, including achievements, unlocks, modding and a class system that makes each ship powerful in its own way.
Says that there'll be a class system, so that probably means a few different ships.

Not going to be an old-school purist and say "they changed it so it sucks!" because a class system could be interesting; I mean it works in FPS games like Team Fortress, and having different types of ships (scouts, bombers, fighters) does make sense.
"..history has shown the best defense against heavy cavalry are pikemen, so aircraft should mount lances on their noses and fly in tight squares to fend off bombers". - RedImperator

"ha ha, raping puppies is FUN!" - Johonebesus

"It would just be Unicron with pew pew instead of nom nom". - Vendetta, explaining his justified disinterest in the idea of the movie Allspark affecting the Death Star