World of Warships

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: World of Warships

Post by Lonestar »

what ships did you get?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

I bought 20 of each. I had (next to camo and flags)

In small:
De Grasse
1200 gold
2x 10k free xp (good because I'm getting close to the Nelson
In Large I got (next to camo and flags)

In Large:
Molotov
Okhotnik
10000 gold (that'll get me a premium ship or 1 or 2)

In Huge:
180 days premium (nice... but I bought 360 days at 50% discount less than a week ago)
Gallant
Anshan
2000 gold

So yeah, the mediums are best value I'd say
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

PSA: Mighty Mo to be removed from the tech tree in ~2 months, to be replaced with the Musashi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTeDfVmbNk4&t=213s
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote: 2017-12-21 12:58pm what ships did you get?
Kidd, DeGrasse, Perth and Huang He.

So 2 excellent ships, 1 meh and one shit ship.

Venator wrote: 2017-12-21 04:48pm PSA: Mighty Mo to be removed from the tech tree in ~2 months, to be replaced with the Musashi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTeDfVmbNk4&t=213s
The Musashi by all accounts so far will be meh at best so if you are comfortable in US BBs and know how to position / angle I suggest getting the Missouri.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Also it would not be WG without a christmas shitstorm fuckup.

WG are trying hard to have players return, especially on the EU and NA servers. So people who did not play a random battle for around 2 months get some goodiess. And by some I mean HOLY SHIT WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING.

WG NA just gifted me the Giulio Cesare, 10 days of premium, 80k of free XP etc. Holy shit. Others are reporting they got 3-4 premium ships, 2500 doubloons and other stuff. Naturally players who always play are a bit pissed off now. I am too (for my EU account) but also rather pleased (for my NA account). Jesus.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

So you're saying I should log on to my account? :wink:
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Maaaaybe?
------------
------------
My LPs
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Do i have to download the entire 32 gb installer for that? :|

Edit: I mean, since we've already established that it's gambling, I want to check my winnings before I make a commitment to start playing again. :P
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yes?
------------
------------
My LPs
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Nope, nothing. Maybe EU only, or for people who have only been gone a few months? (my last game was august 2016)
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Got a leningrad, Degrasse, opthohik(?) and a Peth

No premium time so far, much to my annoyance.

I was really hoping I could squeeze out a Hood this time around. I haven't heard reports of anyone getting one tho
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Enter redeem code SHIPMASDAYS1712 for a free small box
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Just using the free packs they handed out I pulled a De Grasse and a Giulio Cesare along with 150k free exp and 10 million credits to go with the expected heaps of flags. I don't play much these days, but if that's the payout I might drop a little more on another 10 pulls and try to get even more.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Ghetto Edit: Made three Mega Box pulls and managed a Gallant along with some camo and free exp booster flags.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Got an email from wargaming:
New Year gifts are waiting for you in World of Warships!

It seems you haven’t gone out to sea for quite a while. There are a lot of great gifts waiting for you, so you can make your comeback in style. Just log in to World of Warships, grab your bonus before January 3, 2018, and play again with your old and new friends—onward to victory!

50,000 Free XP. That’s enough to upgrade any Tier V ship!

3,000,000 credits. Buy anything you want: ships, mods, etc.

Commander with 5 skill points. His skills will be a great help to your future victories.

7 days of Premium Account. Get maximum profit with little effort.

Premium Tier IV battleship Ishizuchi. She has everything needed to become your new favourite!
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I wish I had the email I used to create my account still, it was an ISP email and when I dropped my service I lost access to it.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

So... which ships would you get if you had 11k dubloons to spend? (what with premium being in discount at the moment)
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

did another 20 medium boxes, I think that'll be it for this year

got the Kii, Gallant, and Hood with it.

Haven't gotten any premium time, much to my annoyance. Most of my current premium account time is from last year!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

wautd wrote: 2017-12-23 05:34am So... which ships would you get if you had 11k dubloons to spend? (what with premium being in discount at the moment)
Scharnhorst and/or Lo Yang, the latter being especially OP in ranked due to the combination of US DD + German hydro.
Scharnhorst is the most fun I think.

But I really can't be arsed to review all of the 40+ premium ships in the game so maybe better list those you might want to buy and I can give you my opinion of them.

Just whatever you do, do not buy Kii, Ashitaka, Huang He or any of the TIV and below premiums.
------------
------------
My LPs
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Out of 15 medium boxes (3x5), I got an Arizona, an Atlanta and a Leningrad.

Including the 7 small boxes, they alo got me about 2500 dubloons, 20k free XP and lots of flags and cammos.

Not unhappy with the ships, so no complaints about this year's RNG.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Thanas wrote: 2017-12-23 11:19am
wautd wrote: 2017-12-23 05:34am So... which ships would you get if you had 11k dubloons to spend? (what with premium being in discount at the moment)
Scharnhorst and/or Lo Yang, the latter being especially OP in ranked due to the combination of US DD + German hydro.
Scharnhorst is the most fun I think.

But I really can't be arsed to review all of the 40+ premium ships in the game so maybe better list those you might want to buy and I can give you my opinion of them.

Just whatever you do, do not buy Kii, Ashitaka, Huang He or any of the TIV and below premiums.
Thanks, he Loyang seems something I might use. I already have the Scharn but I think I'll save the rest in case I can use it for when the Roma comes out
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Uff... I just lost a game where I did over 200K damage. In a Missouri. With +120% extra credits flags/camo
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Well credit earnings are not impacted by win or loss, so at least you did not waste the flags/camo.
------------
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote: 2017-12-24 08:13pm Well credit earnings are not impacted by win or loss, so at least you did not waste the flags/camo.
The WoT team should really be taking notes, but then how would they sell their newest premium tank, the *refreshes store* - Maurbrecher, apparently.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Decided to get 5 medium boxes, ended up with 15 Ourboros and 15 Red Dragon flags, 15 Frosty Fir camos, the Okhotnik (+ commander) and 1000 gold. Not too bad.