World of Warships

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: World of Warships

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote: 2017-11-09 04:29pm I already had a Texas so I got the camo

Yeah I had one too but got the doubloons in equivalents so it was worth spending that money on it. :)
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

WoT is also doing tank emblems for $4-$8 if you want to pitch in that way. No WoWP promotions, but then their servers are still almost dead anyway.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Texas donations have topped $100k!

I bought the flag and a ten-pack of emblems. Given how long the New York has languished in my port, I would litterally never play the Texas if I bought it.

Also, on NA, there's a 180-day premium account plus 3000 gold on for 40% off.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Venator wrote: 2017-11-11 12:03pm Texas donations have topped $100k!
Where is that info coming from?
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote: 2017-11-11 01:50pm
Venator wrote: 2017-11-11 12:03pm Texas donations have topped $100k!
Where is that info coming from?
The green sub-banner. That was actually as of Nov 8:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/com ... -with-uss/
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Is the Texas worth to have?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

wautd wrote: 2017-11-12 08:43am Is the Texas worth to have?
She is a TV BB that is immune to airstrikes (unless TVII CV).

Somewhat sluggish but she is a decent ship. I don't regret buying mine even though I do not play much TV anymore.
------------
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

If you have or have played the New York, it's basically that ship with better gun angle on the centre turret (so you don't have to expose as much broadside to fire), with AA guns covering every available flat surface.

They're talking about rebalancing AA and aircraft to make carriers more effective and Defensive Fire necessary to really negate incoming aircraft, but I wouldn't expect that till close 2019 (and to not work properly when they do roll it out).
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Picked up the Italian BB last week(two weeks?) ago. Still haven't played a round with her, hmm.

I really wish you guys were on when I was.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Lonestar wrote: 2017-11-16 02:43pm Picked up the Italian BB last week(two weeks?) ago. Still haven't played a round with her, hmm.

Oh, she's a good 'un. And more importantly, fun to play
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

wautd wrote: 2017-11-17 02:47am
Lonestar wrote: 2017-11-16 02:43pm Picked up the Italian BB last week(two weeks?) ago. Still haven't played a round with her, hmm.
Oh, she's a good 'un. And more importantly, fun to play
Notser says she's his favorite tier V BB by some margin, which is pretty high praise from a DD player.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

She is a very good ship for her tier. 83k avg, 87% wr in her so far, which is very good for a TV. Better stats than my Imperator Nikolai, a ship that was so OP they removed her from the game.
------------
------------
My LPs
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Ahoy everyone!
So, I don't play the game actually, but I have a deep deep love of Pre-Dreadnaught warships.
I was actually putting together a huge post to put in the history forum to celebrate their awesome sleepy sexiness, and in looking for pictures, I came across this thread:
https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic ... adnoughts/

Name is almost exactly what I was going to post in any case ;P
So curious how those here of Pre-Dreads in general?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: 2017-11-18 01:56pm So curious how those here of Pre-Dreads in general?
What?
------------
------------
My LPs
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

THINK of pre-dreanught ships, THINK, kind of left that word out it seems -_-
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Wel a lot of those ships on his list aren't even pre-dreads.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Time on deck is 1715 EST, anyone want to play a round or two?

Look for Gruntyginman
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Ishizuchi is pretty cheap at the moment. Worth it?
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

eh. I got it in a Christmas crate last year. It isn't bad for the tier, it's certainly better than the Myogi, but that isn't saying much.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Lol so I saw the game is on steam now, meaning no more torrents....but apparently you can't log into an existing account via this route? I don't think I've ever had the urge to play a game again come and leave so damn quickly.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

You can still play using the new WG launcher and your existing account. Integrating with Steam seemed to me like to much bother to be worthwhile.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

How is a bother to be able to stop using an extra set of background programs for nothing but WoW, in favor of just running steam which also gives me at least x5 times the download speed, meaning my connection and CPU are tied up for much less actual time? This is a major part of why I deleted the game, the idiot thing was constantly updating and doing it as slowly as possible, which could and did cause problems while playing other games. I'm rather confident this is the core reason why the game is suddenly on steam two full years after release in the first place.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Ah, fair point. I just manage the permissions of the launcher so it's only open and doing anything when I'm not - by default it's background download tendencies are fucking annoying.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Disabling auto updates takes one click in the launcher.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So christmas crates are here. By reports from people in my clan and my own experiences I can say:
- the cheap crates are not worth it. Too many ordinary (not even special) signal flags in them. Got 10 of them, not a single ship.
- the medium crates have the highest ship drop changes. 4 premium ships in 12 crates for me, but this is abnormal. Most people seem to get 1 ship every 8 or so crates. They are the best value too.
- The expensive crates seem to be rather shit, most of them just give camos. Very good camos but why would you pay money for that? Got 10 of them, not a single ship.

All in all, as always buy quick before WG nerfs the ship drop chance again (as they did last year). Good luck and dont gamble too much.
------------
------------
My LPs