World of Warships

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: World of Warships

Post by Thanas »

Jammin411 did a video on my Des Moines play with commentary:

Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote:I am guessing he was getting close because he was doing a suicide torp run.

In any case whenever you torp a friendly it is 100% your fault.
I'm going to add a caveat of 0.5% forgivable scenarios induced by abject idiocy. The things you see on spectator cam...

Fuso, angled effectively against one enemy BB, but with another who has his broadside at close range. Farragut comes in to save his ass.

Farragut: "Fuso STAY STRAIGHT!! Torping"

Fuso: "Affirmative!"

Farragut fires torps.

Fuso IMMEDIATELY goes full opposite rudder and eats a broadside from the ship he had actually been angled against, Farragut's torps finish him off.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

"Oh hey I got a supercontainer!"

dammit
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Wait really? That's hilariously shit.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Supercontainers (and flag containers) have been nerfed to shit and saddled with useless upgrades.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I haven't had a single supercontainer since december. These upgrades are utterly terrible as well.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Next in line: French cruisers

just then when I consider giving that game a pause after my premium time expires...

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Because the Udaloi totally needed a buff....I present to you the following:

What's that you say? "But Thanas, this number is high but not that unusual for you".
Right.
Except for one thing:

This was done in 9 Minutes and 50 seconds.

Is balanced, comrade. Nothing wrong with this, Da.

Replay here.

My captain build is here, it is the same as my khaba build.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

My epenis is growing:
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Got the NC finally, woo.

Got the Kotari from the Ides of March event. It's guns are like lasers. Unfortunately, there are only two of them and the ship is slow as suck. Interesting ship though.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

You will love the NC.

Just dont ever show broadside :)
------------
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

I unsubbed from Eurobeat. The constant Nazi imagery and calling anyone who annoys him a [gay slur] rubbed me the wrong way.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So they are going to nerf stealth fire. And by nerf I mean "remove it from the game".

I am a bit torn on this.

On the one hand, this is yet another buff to BBs.

On the other hand, when I can do things like this with relative ease, then something is clearly wrong.

But I am unsure if stealth fire should be removed entirely or if they should have just nerfed it a bit. Because there are some ships (Akizuki, Zao, Yugumo) that utterly depend on it. If they just remove it without buffing them then RIP those ships.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

As an aside, when are you folks on NA online? Would like to div with you sometimes but never see you guys ingame...
------------
------------
My LPs
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

I'm playing the EU server most of the time.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Reyvan
Youngling

Post by Reyvan »

Thanas wrote:As an aside, when are you folks on NA online? Would like to div with you sometimes but never see you guys ingame...
Well I play really infrequently due to college, also I have one T7 and everything else is below that, so you'd probably miss me if you're playing the higher tiers.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Well right now I am only at T5 on the NA server. I mainly play EU but don't know any people on NA.....
------------
------------
My LPs
Reyvan
Youngling

Post by Reyvan »

Well, I'm gohatwoono in NA, you could add me to your contacts and division up sometime when I'm on.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

I'm normally on sometime between 7PM and 10PM EST, but I haven't been playing at all recently.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Thanas wrote:As an aside, when are you folks on NA online? Would like to div with you sometimes but never see you guys ingame...
Mostly weekends, and Thursday evenings.

On right now

BaronBucher
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Thanas sounds very...German :D
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:Thanas sounds very...German :D
Ve haff wayz of zhinking your ship. :P

But half of that is due to the shitty 20€ headset I am using.
------------
------------
My LPs
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Thanas, what's your name on NA?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Chancellor_Merkel of course.

Mainly to screw that shitter USSDONALDJTRUMP lol.
------------
------------
My LPs