World of Warships

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Stormin
Jedi Knight

Re: World of Warships

Post by Stormin »

Well I decided to drag out some of my T6 ships to see if there was anything I could division with Thanas using. Took my Farragut out for the first time in ages and ended up getting my first Solo Warrior badge.

http://imgur.com/a/7tjl9
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Wow congrats man. Took me ages to get mine.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Seems like battleships only come in two shapes:

1. cowards who snipe all the time, usually with their stats hidden too
2. Yolo turds.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Thanas wrote:Seems like battleships only come in two shapes:

2. Yolo turds.
sup
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

I've decided I really enjoy the Cleveland class. Just makes me want some more of the US light cruisers, like the St. Loius Class, with five triple 6 IN turrets. I just like the lower tier games more often now adays. And when a Cleveland is High Tier or even if it's a 5/6/7 match up, a Cleveland played right can wreck most.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

https://thewarshipspodcast.simplecast.f ... sn-retired

Really great interview with the former captain of USS New Jersey.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:
Thanas wrote:Seems like battleships only come in two shapes:

2. Yolo turds.
sup
I have seen you play your texas and you are neither of those things.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I do go "heading to a/b/c could use a screen" at the start of most rounds
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

BTW guys if you were wondering whether to buy the Alabama - do so. IMO she is the best premium T8 BB and definitely top 3 T8 BB in existence. I really really like her.

She is not as tough as NC or as Bismarck, but she has excellent rudder shift and quick-rotating turrets. Very nimble. Overall a fun, excellent ship that will reward you with lots of credits and XP.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Venator wrote:
Thanas wrote:Hey if anybody want to toss me a referral for the NA server feel free to do so and get yourself some rewards. First to quote this gets it.
Can has?

BTW you should have gotten the rewards by now when you log in.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Right now this may be the official theme song of the EU T8:
------------
------------
My LPs
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Just had a game where a tier 8 North Carolina was running away from a tier 5 Kongo.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Anyone else playing their Dunky a lot so you can put the captain in the French cruisers and seal-club?
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

You could also play any 19 point captain for elite commander xp for instant leveling and respeccing if you can earn xp faster with them.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah, this is what I do. Especially with the T10 premium camos it is really lucrative, like 10k xp per match.
------------
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote:
Venator wrote:
Thanas wrote:Hey if anybody want to toss me a referral for the NA server feel free to do so and get yourself some rewards. First to quote this gets it.
Can has?

BTW you should have gotten the rewards by now when you log in.
Oh cheers!

I'm in Japan right now, so I'll have to check in... May :P.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Venator wrote: Oh cheers!

Before you log in tell me so I can send you the referral link - so you can get the same thing. Being inactive for six months counts the same as being a new player. :)

In other news:

The clash of elements is starting. Save up coins and get yourself one of the most broken OP ships on the server, the kamikaze R. Or other goodies like free doubloons, signals etc.

EU: https://elements.worldofwarships.eu/en/

NA: https://elements.worldofwarships.com/en/

I am on Team Fire on EU and Team Water on NA.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

looks like the French cruiser line is coming out this week.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Tirpitz secondaries got buffed to hell.

It looks as if T5+ French Cruisers do not count towards clash of elements metrics for some reason.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote:
Venator wrote: Oh cheers!

Before you log in tell me so I can send you the referral link - so you can get the same thing. Being inactive for six months counts the same as being a new player. :)
I played a bit in March, so it hasn't been that long.

Also, can't post pictures from mobile, but I made a pilgrimage to Yokosuka today and got to board the Mikasa!

Really cool exhibits in general, also how different the Japanese telling of the Russo-Japanese war is from Western sources... :lol:.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Wargaming is manipulating the results of clash of elements and it is not even funny how blatant they are about it.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:?
Team water magically got a 20% boost in all results at the time the servers were offline on EU.

The official explanation is that the results script was "lagging" for Team Water and that this was fixed during the downtime.

They cannot explain why it was only lagging for one side.
------------
------------
My LPs
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

It is pretty bad, would have been way better to just give everyone the (minor) reward the winning team was going to get because it was outright obvious after the first bit who was going to win when the major clans all picked the same side. I heard that OMNI on NA was even force moved from fire to water because of the imbalance.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah, no. They might have all been forced to join water because fire was not accepting any new people. But WG doesn't move clans from one side to the other.

Source: I am in the clan that just beat OMNI for the latest clanwar league.
------------
------------
My LPs