The Thanasiad - favourite ruler and criticism thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

WHo was the best Emperor?

Ioulianos III
71%
Cethegus
No votes
Iustinianus
No votes
St Manuel
No votes
Julius I
21%
Belisarius
4%
Traianus II
4%
Aurelianus
No votes
Gallienus
No votes
Julius III
No votes

Total votes: 24

Thanas
Magister
Magister

The Thanasiad - favourite ruler and criticism thread

Post by Thanas »

So I made this thread to get a hold on what was the favourite ruler and playstyle. This is also the place to criticize so that I can do better in EUIV. What did you like, what can be improved upon?

For favourite ruler, the candidates are:

1. IOANNIS THANAS
Achievements: Married ZE GERMAN, retook large parts of Sicily, founder of the Dynasty Spoiler
2. MATTHIAS THANAS

Achievements: Conquered all of Sicily, founded the Despotate of Sicily, built a great tower Spoiler 3. TRAIANOS THANAS
Achievements: Put his son on the throne, conquered large parts of Southern Italy. Spoiler 4. CAESARIUS THANAS
Achievements: Consolidated the hold on the throne, defeated Bulgarians and became king of Bulgaria Spoiler 5. IOULIANOS III
Achievements:
LaCroix wrote:A chariot racing king who increased the realm vastly, drove the Muselmans before him and squashed invading Nomad hordes, who could handle all the girls throwing themselves at him, simultaneously, and wed a pirate princess he captured in battle, but conquered by his charm?

Arthus has nothing to him!

In about 980 years, people form the HBO tribe will fight everyone else to make the first moving picture entertainment series about him, called ROME...
Borgholio wrote:He made Leonidas look like a pansy.
Other achievements: Recaptured Greek fire. Spoiler
6. CETHEGUS THANAS
Achievements: Married a nordic shieldmaiden, master fencer, reconquered the Levant Spoiler 7. IUSTINIANUS THANAS
Achievements: Reconquered Rome and large parts of Egypt Spoiler 8. ST. MANUEL THANAS
Achievements: Mended the Great Schism, reconquered Egypt Spoiler 9. JULIUS THANAS
Achievements: REFORMED THE ROMAN EMPIRE, finished reconquest of Africa, Egypt and Italia. Spoiler 10. BELISARIOS THANAS
Achievements: Greatly enlarged the Empire, took Mesopotamia, defended against Jihads, fought against Andalusia, conquered all of Spain and Southern France. Spoiler 11. JULIUS II THANAS
Achievements: Conquered Dacia, greatly enhanced trade around the med Spoiler 12. TRAIANUS II THANAS
Achievements: Crushed Islam, broke the power of the Ilkhanate, sarted vendetta against the Mongols, conquered all of Arabia. Spoiler 13. AURELIANUS THANAS
Achievements: Was insane, ate giant omelettes, took Aquitania and large parts of Persia, bashed the Ilkhanate Spoiler 14. GALLIENUS THANAS
Achievements: Drove the Ilkhanate from Europe, crushed the Golden Horde, conquered all of Persia and Khiva, took parts of France, romanized Sweden Spoiler
15. CLAUDIUS II THANAS

Achievements: Took Normandy, Brest and Flanders, drove the Golden Horde from Europe. Spoiler 16. MELETIOS THANAS
Achievements: Loved Cinnamon, took France, reformed the province of Gallia Spoiler 17. JULIUS III THANAS
Achievements: Restored the Rhine Frontier, destroyed all of the Timurid horde, reformed the Empire into a modern state. Spoiler
As the poll only allows for 10 options, I took those who might be most favored and put them on there. Otherwise vote other.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: The Thanasiad - favourite ruler and criticism thread

Post by Iroscato »

Ioulianos III. As if there could be any contender to this pirate - marrying, manwhoring, heretic-annihilating maniac :P
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Well Ioulianos III was definitely the most badass of all the emperors, history will best remember those who accomplish great feats. Now all of the emperors did their fair share of conquering, so the emperors who fought against the Mongol Hordes and eliminated Islam would be ranked very highly. But overall, I'd have to cast my vote for Julius Thanas. In real life history, the name of the man who officially re-formed the Roman Empire would probably be ranked right up there with Julius Caesar or Augustus.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Post by darthkommandant »

I chose Belisarious Thanas mainly because he discovered the correct position of the planets and was still badass. Anyone can conquer on earth but this man made the heavens his bitch.
Tiger II fanboy
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Conversion to EUIV and further play here
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Voted for Ioulianos III because... well, come one, obviously.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Julius I, obviously. Motherfucker restored Rome.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Ioulianos III. The sole reason why the Mongols invaded when they did is because they wanted to really, really make sure that he was dead. And then waited another couple hundred years, just in case.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage