Pride of Nations by AGEOD any one interested in a LP?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Pride of Nations by AGEOD any one interested in a LP?

Post by darthkommandant »

Specifically of a Rapidly industrializing North German Federation who is ready to finish unifying the country in the south.

It is currently 1864 in game.

The American Civil War is over in a easy win for the Union with the Army of Northern Virginia Going north to Michigan whilst Union Armies overran Dixie and burned everything in sight.

We formed the NGF peacefully in 1860. All provinces have Raliroads and I now have the best and biggest army in Europe. I can also build large and small steam merchant ships to replace my tiny brigantines. The larger clipper ships are still being kept and I shall soon have Ironclad Frigates and Corvettes. I'm also upgrade my harbor at Hamburg to a Naval Base to be our outlet to the North Sea. We already have one at Kiel where our entire steam powered navy is waiting under Prinz Adalbert.

Colony wise I have the Nigerian coast which is developed with depots, forts and even rail network and a smaller but similar holding in Namibia. Both have colonial bringades garding them as well.

Economically I'm doing ok with about 15% inflation and no major shotages. I've upgraded most of my factories and steel mills to level 2 as well as a good chunk of my mining and agricultural sites. Those have higher capital costs as well as secondary resource costs but significantly boost output eg from 8 coal units to 16 coal units and some give a prestige bonus as well which is used to win the game.

Also France and Austria fought a Bloody war over some diplomatic spat in the 1850s and Austria took Paris which bodes well for me especially since I unified the Northern German Principalities and States without fighting them. They are still a good ally of mine and have also trounced several Piedmontese attempts at Italian Unification.
Tiger II fanboy
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Re: Pride of Nations by AGEOD any one interested in a LP?

Post by darthkommandant »

For those interested I have no real goal past unification. So what should we do?

A. Dominate Europe militarily. See our enemies driven before us and hear the lamentation of their Men and their Women. We will need an army such as the world has never witnessed before. Fortunately I just unlocked breach loading rifles so I have one.
B. Colonize Africa and make German the trade language of the continent. A Large Navy will be key here. I just need to build a few ironclad frigates and corvettes to help here.

C. Be peaceful and lead the world in science, technology and engineering. Fight only manageable wars and don't overly build up the Hochseeflotte to challenge the Royal Navy. This Strategy is probably the one I am leaning towards. Key things are a good treaty with Russia and Austria, a Neutered France that is both economically tied to us and scared of us, and Merchant Ships. Lots of Merchant Ships. A small but Modern Navy is also essential here as well.

While I personally favor option C I am set up to do all 3 and am willing to follow the crowd.
Tiger II fanboy