Apple ID

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

salm
Rabid Monkey

Apple ID

Post by salm »

Hi,

My gf recently got a Macbook Pro. Comming from Windows she doesn´t really know her way around the OS yet. One particularly annyoing thing is that after booting the system crap like iMessage pops up and asks for her Apple ID. She doesn´t have an Apple ID and doesn´t really want one either as she doesn´t want to buy stuff off the iStore or synch it with other devices.
Uninstalling iMessage has so far failed and she hasn´t found a way to not start automatically or skip the registration thing.

So, is it actually possible to turn off all the iBloatware somehow and use the computer without an Apple ID or is an Apple ID pretty much required if you want to use the computer without any hassle?
phongn
Rebel Leader

Re: Apple ID

Post by phongn »

salm wrote:So, is it actually possible to turn off all the iBloatware somehow and use the computer without an Apple ID or is an Apple ID pretty much required if you want to use the computer without any hassle?
It's pretty much required. The Mac App Store requires an Apple ID, which is also used to deploy system updates (unless her company has some sort of centralized management and pushes updates).
salm
Rabid Monkey

Re: Apple ID

Post by salm »

Ah, I see. I guess we´ll set her up some account with nonsense data then.
Thank you.