Should I try out Star Trek Online?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Devotee

Re: Should I try out Star Trek Online?

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2019-11-28 08:58pm

When the Mudd Market opened the exchange rate for dil to Zen immediately rocketed up to the max of 500, only dropping back some when a much-needed Phoenix Event started, but it's still approximately 470:1. Great for selling, if not you're SOL. The market also made available the T6 Command Assault Cruiser for the first time, which pissed off those who'd been hoarding the WizKids models for the past three years by rendering them worthless, but that was just a bonus! :mrgreen:

The player base is up in arms about the base price of the stuff in the marketplace, even disregarding Mudd's status as a con man (in both TOS and Discovery). I can't imagine anyone prepared to pay full price for any of it.
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy » 2019-12-05 08:42am

I might be interested in the dinosaur with lasers on its head, but not at 8000 zen even if it comes with an ultimate tech upgrade. Maybe when my 500 zen per month eventually adds up to 8000 zen I might get it. :D
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Devotee

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2019-12-05 03:28pm

So April 2021 then? :mrgreen: After looking up the details I eventually stumped up the Zen for the TOS bridge crew (sans Kirk) based on the space stats for a couple of them. Finding the room for any of them is going to be the hard part, I'm already struggling to fit in the Elachi BOFF as it is, especially for characters that have built up greater numbers of unique officers. I'm going to only buy extra slots as an absolute last resort- they downgraded the account-wide Elite Starter Pack into the character-only Elite Services Starter Pack, thus removing the only account-wide way of getting more BOFFS for each character.
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Post by mr friendly guy » 2019-12-10 07:32pm

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:
2019-12-05 03:28pm
So April 2021 then? :mrgreen: After looking up the details I eventually stumped up the Zen for the TOS bridge crew (sans Kirk) based on the space stats for a couple of them. Finding the room for any of them is going to be the hard part, I'm already struggling to fit in the Elachi BOFF as it is, especially for characters that have built up greater numbers of unique officers. I'm going to only buy extra slots as an absolute last resort- they downgraded the account-wide Elite Starter Pack into the character-only Elite Services Starter Pack, thus removing the only account-wide way of getting more BOFFS for each character.
Most probably even longer. Next month I will get more than 3000 zen and I plan to purchase a tier 6 raider for my Klingon toon.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Devotee

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2019-12-20 03:20pm

Grabbed the Leeta hologram while it was discounted, not that I actually have room for it at the moment but regardless. Double XP this weekend so I'm cycling my characters through Argala to pick up some more masteries. At least by mastering different ships I can change things up.

mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Post by mr friendly guy » 2020-01-19 12:21am

Does anyone know if reaching level 10 in 3 campaigns as a gamma recruit opens up the extra admiralty slot for all toons. Initially it didn't even open the extra slot for my gamma recruit, until I quit and loaded the game again. It doesn't appear to open the extra slot for my other toons.

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Devotee

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2020-01-20 06:25pm

From my experience, Admiralty slots function like the R&D ones, they're individual to each character instead of being account-wide, much of my daily play involves cycling through characters and kicking off assignments. Gotta keep those plates spinning after all! :lol:

They've been rotating in and out of discount the stuff in the Mudd store, 85% off. I grabbed the Leeta and EMH BOFFs while they were discounted, there's nothing else in there I want.

Not touching the Picard bundle, even discounted the Miradorn raider isn't worth 6,000 Zen. Maybe if the other half of the Privateer Weapon Modifications Set in the form of the ship was thrown in as well (or hell, even instead) I'd be interested, but not as is.

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran » 2020-01-21 10:53am

Only comment I have (haven't played in over a year now, probably longer, last gasp I had was when they brought out the Jem'Hadar as a playable race) is that I noticed they're apparently bringing out a Klingon/Federation hybrid ship.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star- ... on-ship%21

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.