Should I try out Star Trek Online?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Should I try out Star Trek Online?

Postby mr friendly guy » 2017-03-18 05:04am

So far I have not seen one of the 26th century dreadnoughts on the exchange. This has its own built in gravitic lance. I am now getting one of the MACO sets from the Omega reputation, once I get all 3 I can have a gravitic lance bonus. It would be great if I could get the 26th century dreadnought and allow me to fire two big blasts. With a quantum phase set I can get 3 big frontal blasts.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to.
Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Malaysia, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.

RogueIce
_______

Postby RogueIce » 2017-03-18 02:16pm

mr friendly guy wrote:So far I have not seen one of the 26th century dreadnoughts on the exchange. This has its own built in gravitic lance. I am now getting one of the MACO sets from the Omega reputation, once I get all 3 I can have a gravitic lance bonus. It would be great if I could get the 26th century dreadnought and allow me to fire two big blasts. With a quantum phase set I can get 3 big frontal blasts.

TBH you'll probably have to go outside the Exchange for it, as the price will run greater than the 750 million EC cap the Exchange has.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member

Postby EnterpriseSovereign » 2017-03-18 03:32pm

I wasn't aware the exchange had such an EC cap.
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Your claim of using a scientific equation is laughable when all you have done is butcher science to the point it makes 'The Core' look like a fucking documentary. Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

RogueIce
_______

Postby RogueIce » 2017-03-18 03:47pm

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:I wasn't aware the exchange had such an EC cap.

It does. The overall player EC cap is at 1 billion, you can't sell on the Exchange for more than 750 million. It used to be 500 million, but the increased it awhile back.

In any event, for these kinds of promotional ships, the cost skyrockets and TBH you'll be paying more than 1 billion EC for it - because it'll likely involve trading Master Keys as well as a straight EC transfer, so the 'actual price' could be quite a bit more than the theoretical EC cap.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Postby mr friendly guy » 2017-03-18 10:54pm

Well goldfarmers are selling that ship for $240 USD. Jesus Christ.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Malaysia, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.

bilateralrope
Sith Devotee

Postby bilateralrope » 2017-03-18 11:19pm

RogueIce wrote:
mr friendly guy wrote:So far I have not seen one of the 26th century dreadnoughts on the exchange. This has its own built in gravitic lance. I am now getting one of the MACO sets from the Omega reputation, once I get all 3 I can have a gravitic lance bonus. It would be great if I could get the 26th century dreadnought and allow me to fire two big blasts. With a quantum phase set I can get 3 big frontal blasts.

TBH you'll probably have to go outside the Exchange for it, as the price will run greater than the 750 million EC cap the Exchange has.

Why does the exchange have a cap ?

mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Postby mr friendly guy » 2017-03-19 12:39am

I am guessing to try and limit game inflation.

EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member

Postby EnterpriseSovereign » 2017-03-19 01:59pm

I thought that players were capped at 2 billion EC? I know that ftp members are restricted to 10 million (might have been raised since) It's not like I'm going to get anywhere near that, my main has 300 million tops.

Despite having 100 Phoenix upgrade vouchers and a similar number of Rom republic upgrades, and 30 Omega upgrades (would have been more but the minigame hates me), I've still burned through most of my stockpile during this upgrade weekend.

I almost wish I'd bought even more Phoenix packs than I did, but as the that dil didn't go on packs went on Zen conversion I can't be too mad at my choices. Roll on the next ship sale :mrgreen:
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Your claim of using a scientific equation is laughable when all you have done is butcher science to the point it makes 'The Core' look like a fucking documentary. Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

RogueIce
_______

Postby RogueIce » 2017-03-23 02:35pm

bilateralrope wrote:
RogueIce wrote:

Why does the exchange have a cap ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, it's close to the 1 billion player cap, and anything over that you "earn" just disappears, so that's probably why they don't just go up to 1 billion on the Exchange.

bilateralrope
Sith Devotee

Postby bilateralrope » 2017-03-24 12:15pm

mr friendly guy wrote:I am guessing to try and limit game inflation.

Has that ever worked ?

In Guild Wars 1, when items had their value exceed the limit on how much gold players could trade in one go, players just started using another item as a currency for high value transactions.

A quick browse of r/STOTrades shows players using keys as the alternate currency.

EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member

Postby EnterpriseSovereign » 2017-03-24 05:01pm

Browsing the ingame chat shows the new dreadnoughts going for hundreds of keys, which translates into tens of thousands of Zen.

mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Postby mr friendly guy » 2017-03-24 08:31pm

The price for the 26th century dreadnought seems a little steep. Meh.

Next ship I will develop will be the T6 Akira. I would have to spend 6500 zen to get the whole heavy modifications set for the ship, and then fleet credits for the fleet version and most probably a few million EC for the fleet module. I will wait for a discount, but I have some nice ideas about where to take this ship.

EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member

Postby EnterpriseSovereign » 2017-03-24 08:49pm

While not consistent, during ship sales sometimes FSMs have the same "5 for price of 4" bundle discount, I picked up such a bundle over Christmas. So far I've only spent one getting the Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser- now that most of my toons (except the newest) have acquired the traits of all the ships they own I can start to tinker with builds and stuff.

mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Postby mr friendly guy » 2017-03-27 06:41am

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Synergistic_Re ... se_Emitter

Dynamic Power Redistributor Module seems pretty neat. Testing it on my prototype dreadnought now, however I was planning to use it for a boost to my Galaxy dreadnought's phaser lance. However with the all synergistic retrofitting set we get quite a few nice bonuses, however the damage boost from dynamic power redistributor module also works on torps as well.

Return to “Gaming, Electronics and Computers”