Rome 2: Emperor Edition

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Rome 2: Emperor Edition

Post by AniThyng »

So I noticed this is now out, with all the latest patches, balance changes and a revampled politics system.

Has anyone tried it? Is it worth restarting a grand campaign for? I confess that for all its weaknesses I actually enjoyed playing Rome 2, I think I may have stopped around patch 4 or 5.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Raesene
Jedi Master

Re: Rome 2: Emperor Edition

Post by Raesene »

Started an online Emperor Augustus campaign friday evening with a friend. Lots of things changed (new building queues etc) so it's back to the online help for me to understand the new tech, we both didn't get much done and probably will have to restart again.
the politics-system has been changed, too, so I'd say starting a new campaign is a good idea.

I just hope they managed to cure the crash-problem this time, but am afraid they didn't.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer