Microsoft exchange, outlook and windows 8 problem

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Microsoft exchange, outlook and windows 8 problem

Post by Thanas »

Hi.

So I got exchange installed on one machine (windows 7 desktop) and on another one (windows 8 notebook). Both machines are hooked into LAN via cable (notebook also has access over W-lan). After joining both into a single workgroup ("home network") exchange stopped working. Whenever I try to access it with Outlook it refuses to sign in. However, when I access it via firefox and web access exchange works fine.

The only thing new was joining the two together in a workgroup. Anybody got any ideas where the gremlins sit?

Regards,
Thanas
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Re: Microsoft exchange, outlook and windows 8 problem

Post by TheHammer »

Firewall configuration maybe? Anything in the event logs on the client and/or server?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Thanas wrote:Hi.

So I got exchange installed on one machine (windows 7 desktop) and on another one (windows 8 notebook). Both machines are hooked into LAN via cable (notebook also has access over W-lan). After joining both into a single workgroup ("home network") exchange stopped working. Whenever I try to access it with Outlook it refuses to sign in. However, when I access it via firefox and web access exchange works fine.

The only thing new was joining the two together in a workgroup. Anybody got any ideas where the gremlins sit?

Regards,
Thanas
It's sits in exchange, either with the credentials (Look under control panel-users accounts-manage your credentials) then remove anything email related and re-try. Failing that, quit out, go into the control profile go into mail and re-create your profile for outlook.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Thanks both of you. For some reason, it suddenly decided to start working this morning. Without me doing anything.

Sorry to bother.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs