Minecraft and it's mods, suggestions please.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Darmalus
Jedi Master

Minecraft and it's mods, suggestions please.

Post by Darmalus »

I'm having fun on my friends server in Minecraft and felt like branching out into mods we have installed but never used. We are currently using the 1.6.4 FTB Monster pack with Tropicraft, Pneumaticraft, Witchery and Minecraft Comes Alive added as well.

So I'm looking for suggestions on what mods to play around with, specially ones that might be overlooked gems. For a lot of these I'm not truly sure what they are capable of. I ignored bees for the longest time, but now I'm stumbling my way toward automation and engineering some super-bees. The mods I'm using heavily right now are Rotarycraft, Bees (my god), Thaumcraft, Tinkers Construct, Magic Crops, Mystcraft and and tinkering with Witchery and Pneumaticraft, thought I've yet to dig into them too deep yet.

Thanks to abusing Magic Crops, Mystcraft and quarries, we have a pretty massive resource glut. No need to worry about the resource cost of a suggestion, the only limit is how much time I have to play.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Re: Minecraft and it's mods, suggestions please.

Post by Lagmonster »

I'm a big fan of Hexxit and Tekkit (featuring Galacticraft), available via the Technic platform (which I personally find a great place to get modpacks). Hexxit especially pulls in good fun in my group because of the emphasis on exploring and knocking out dungeons and bosses for loot.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

You already have everything on my list.... except the Twilight Forest

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Mekanism and MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits (with the extra modules pack) are my two favorites. Applied Energistics is a lot of fun. Extra Utilities and Random Things both add a lot of utility.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

I play FTB my self. However I use the ultimate pack and the only additions I have made to it is adding MoCreatures. I know it's silly to stay behind the versions but I just can't live without redpower. So that's my suggestion for you.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.