Who mods games?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Re: Who mods games?

Post by Zaune »

I've attempted to ensure that any parts that can't be fabricated on-site can be imported without too much difficulty, but frankly, firearms and ammunition being difficult and complicated to make is kind of necessary for balance.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Re: Who mods games?

Post by Purple »

Zaune wrote:I've attempted to ensure that any parts that can't be fabricated on-site can be imported without too much difficulty, but frankly, firearms and ammunition being difficult and complicated to make is kind of necessary for balance.
I would be very careful when equating difficulty to obtain something with balancing it. Especially in a game like DF where difficulty only comes into play once before you set the industry up.

Furthermore, I would like to point out that there are two types of difficulty. Something can be difficult because it is challenging (like setting up a steel industry) or difficult because its frustrating (like having to hunt for the right spot on the map to get a rare stone). Challenging is fun, frustrating is not.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.