Watch Dogs Graphics Downgraded on PC

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Re: Watch Dogs Graphics Downgraded on PC

Post by Gaidin »

bilateralrope wrote:Does Rogue add anything new to AC ?
If not, that means they had a lot of bugs ironed out by previous AC games. So they wouldn't introduce any new ones.
I'm not sure what you want to define as new here. I've only ever been in AC for the story and I love the stories. AC: Rogue for me is playing as a templar and seeing the other side. That's its new. And the games it's apparently mixing features up from(ACIII and ACIV) weren't exactly what I'd define as buggy. Sure, occasional floating gun in III, but gamebreakers and showstoppers? No. And people didn't really care for the character granted, and I wasn't one of them admittedly. I liked three, so I'm indifferent to the "low" that was three. But as far as the technical specs, I mean, what, six to seven AC games on the XBox360 to learn how to avoid the pitfalls of the system? Everything I've read and everything I've played on Rogue pretty much says it's pure story instead of new features, bridging the gap. And when they leave that by the wayside and AC: Unity crashes, and pretty much everyone playing it because they saw it on the shelf says its awesome, but those that play Unity say Unity is crashing left and right? Now, my assessment of the game features is more as a programmer, but whatever. And their bug list does seem mostly geared toward their level design than their features. Make of that what you will. Either way, the math says Ubisoft played their cards wrong and should've given their next-gen programmers more time to learn the ground.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Yeah in many ways it's not so much that it AC:unity was buggy but how that was handled that's the problem, especially the "after launch day" embargo smells of "we know this is shit and needs more work to be playble but we don't want to delay so we'll just make sure that as many people will know about this only after they bought the game" basically their PR/marketing department screwed the pooch (preferbly only metaphorically) on this one making the company seem much worse on the eyes of the public.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

The existence of Rogue makes the Unity fiasco even less forgiveable. Ubisoft had to have known months ago that the former was shipping up to be ready for release, but the latter wasn't. And considering that the two games (and AC4) use the same engine, they could probably have quite easily pushed Unity back to the spring - which would also have the benefit of not competing with Far Cry 4, CoD:AW, Dragon Age 3, the GTA5 re-release, and I guess the newest Smash Bros. and Pokemon games - and produced a next-gen port of Rogue to fill the gap.

Amusingly, this whole mess seems to have left one group happy: Nintendo fans. It seems that the Wii U having no third-party support whatsoever is actually a less depressing prospect than only having support from Ubisoft.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

DaveJB wrote:Amusingly, this whole mess seems to have left one group happy: Nintendo fans. It seems that the Wii U having no third-party support whatsoever is actually a less depressing prospect than only having support from Ubisoft.
I assume you're not aware that Watch Dogs was released for the Wii U this month.
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

Which Ubisoft have specifically said is the last major franchise game they'll release on the console (barring dance-type games), and by all accounts is a completely half-arsed port that actually looks and runs worse than the PS3/360 versions.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Hell, that I saw coming a mile away. I'm not sure the Wii U was ever trying to do anything that...shall we say...good.
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

DaveJB wrote:Those games are generally free to start playing, even if they're all but impossible to make any progress through without microtransactions. If they started releasing games that cost £40/$60 up-front and then were still virtually unplayable until you started forking over more and more cash, I don't think that'd go over at all well.
I've been playing one of Ubisoft's Free+Microtransactions games recently (Might & Magic: Duel of Champions) and for the most part I've been pleasantly surprised by how generous it is - I had what I consider a viable deck within a day of starting the game, and get new boosters quite regularly. The most annoying thing about the game isn't the F2P mechanics, just one deck archetype which tries to slow the game to a crawl.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

I get glimpses of Unity and Black Flag while walking by the TV on my way back to my PC. Holy shit, these games have loads of pop-in. And I'm not talking about shit at the edge of the draw distance. I'm talking NPCs within 10 feet of the character will just up and disappear/appear. And my god the texture tearing and jaggies. The fucking jaggies. Even the wife can notice them they are so fucking bad.

Titanfall looks badass though.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

TheFeniX wrote:I get glimpses of Unity and Black Flag while walking by the TV on my way back to my PC. Holy shit, these games have loads of pop-in. And I'm not talking about shit at the edge of the draw distance. I'm talking NPCs within 10 feet of the character will just up and disappear/appear. And my god the texture tearing and jaggies. The fucking jaggies. Even the wife can notice them they are so fucking bad.

Titanfall looks badass though.
there's vids of YT of NPCs popping up right on top of the player in AC:unity, I've watched some of those vids and god that's bad, I normally don't mind pop in or some minor cases of bad textures, but this is something else. Unless your draw distance is the "blind man walking in a thick fog" that sometimes get with really low settings on PC there's no reason that objects should pop-in at a literal spitting distance.

I mean I get minor ground clutter pop in when I play DA:inquisition(PC version) but that's just cosmetic and everything I actually need to play the game like NPC and enemies show up far enough.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

The latest Ubisoft release with serious problems is Tetris on the PS4.

How did they manage to fuck up Tetris ?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I dunno, but apparently AC: Unity on Xbox 360 is so broken that the latest patch causes the system to give up and completely redownload the game (40GB) instead of the "only" 6.5GB the patch is suppsed to be.
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

bilateralrope wrote:The latest Ubisoft release with serious problems is Tetris on the PS4.

How did they manage to fuck up Tetris ?
They posted an update. Apparently its a bug connected to the size of his PSN friends list
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.