Microsft to offer Kinect-less XBone

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Re: Microsft to offer Kinect-less XBone

Post by InsaneTD »

If I remember right, the publisher was going to be allowed to set the resale price, and were going to get a cut of transaction. I doubt it was going to be that cheap.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Vendetta wrote:I'm not so sure even that works. I mean there were no real examples of Wii games that really integrated motion controls in a non-gimmincky way into a traditional game, first or third party. The big tranditional first party games like Mario and Zelda didn't add much beyond "makes your arm tired, could be achieved with a button". And the third party ecosystem on the Wii died out hard and fast.
Hilariously, Wii Sports is the best example. Maybe Skyward Sword which was years later. I have to admit, the business models don't exactly match. Nintendo made it's money by bundling arguably the best Wii game ever made with the system and selling it at a profit, all the while getting moms and dads to play along-side their kids. After that, any new games bought are just pure profit for them. Further, if you wanted to play the "big three" (Mario, Zelda, Metroid) you had to deal with a Wii. And that's actually a pretty big seller, even now. Look at the hype some Dynasty Warriors knock-off with LoZ models is getting.

But Microsoft really has nothing to say "well, you want this game, pony up for our platform." They've got Titanfall, also available on PC, which is bad because Microsoft is basically competing with it's own operating system.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

TheFeniX wrote:But Microsoft really has nothing to say "well, you want this game, pony up for our platform." They've got Titanfall, also available on PC, which is bad because Microsoft is basically competing with it's own operating system.
Gears of War? Halo? Forza? Fable? Dead Rising 3? Quantum Break? Anything kinect? :|

Sadly, Xboxes actually had a great many exclusives you will never see on PC...
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Irbis wrote:Gears of War? Halo?
That's the 360. Those series are pretty much dead at this point. After the first games of both, MS seems to have learned to keep them off PC because they were likely hurting sales and Bungie (or whoever they got to do the port) couldn't optimize worth a shit.

Forza? Ok, generic driving game, give you that. Fable? No one gives a fuck about Fable. Also, 1 and 3 are on PC. Fable was Spore before there was a Spore. Besides the music, the entire series, with the exception of 2 (which had it's moments) was a total fucking letdown. Quantum Break, sorry: people can already buy a PS3 for interactive movies with 9 hours of cutscenes. And Kinect offers nothing in the gaming department that's must have, the backpedaling by MS pretty much proves that. Top 10 lists (one of them titled "WHY IT'S TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY") has Fruit Ninja listed on it.
Sadly, Xboxes actually had a great many exclusives you will never see on PC...
Lost Odyssey. Chromehounds (which would still be alive if it were on PC) and Shadow Complex. That's about all I got outside GoW and the Halo series.